vii.

••

••

"Come on, breathe Gen!" I felt the pounding on my chest. I felt warm liquid make it's way from my chest to my lips. I suddenly opened my eyes, I began to spit and sputter the salty water onto the wet sand beneath me.

"At a girl, just breathe Genevieve," I looked towards the voice, blinking quickly to make the fogginess of my vision disappear. "Gen oh my god you scared the shit out of me! Thank god you're okay," I heard a female voice say from the other side of me.

I looked over to see Bella, her face paler than usual as her eyes were wide open. I slowly sat up with the aide of Paul, Jacob, and Bella whose eyes were all concentrated on me.

"So, killer wave huh?" I said, trying to lighten the mood with my dry sense of humor. The others grumbled in response.

••

"You sound absolutely insane right now Bella," I said giving the brunette an incredulous look from my place on her bed. Bella rolled her eyes at me, continuing to pace the room and rant about nonsense.

"So what you're trying to tell me is, Jacob is like a furry?" I asked sarcastically towards Bella who stopped her pacing to give me a glare. I shot my arms up in surrender, maybe it was a bit of bad timing. Still funny though.

"Okay okay, so you're saying that Jacob told you that his tribe is descended from wolves," Bella nodded her head in agreement. "And that their 'enemy clan' is some sort of blood-sucking cold skinned human? And you think that has something to do with the Cullens?" I asked, finishing my thoughts.

She nodded her head and sighed. "I know it sounds crazy but the way he described them sounded so similar to the Cullens," She said, furrowing her eyebrows in thought. "I mean cold skin, pale skin, golden eyes, they never even eat, super speed and strength,"

She grabbed her computer from her desk and began to feverishly type into the search engine. I understood what she meant, there were some odd parallels from the tribe story to the Cullens. But was it even possible for something like that to even exist?

"Here I found a book store near here, it's in Port Angeles. They have plenty of books on Quileute tribe legends," She said quickly copying down the address onto a piece of paper beside her. Her thoughts were traveling so fast I could barely keep up.

"Wait wait, so what's our excuse for wanting to go to Port Angeles. Seems like a pretty random place to just be visiting," I tried reasoning with the far too rash girl. She shook her head in thought. "I don't know I'll think of something," Bella put down her been and began rubbing her temples with her fingers.

I sighed, looking at the overly stressed girl. "I see how important this is to you, so I'll help you with research. I believe you," I said to her, giving her a small reassuring head nod. The scary part was, I wasn't lying. I truly did begin to believe her.