3

Just a heads up, I did use part of the last one shot in this one so if it sounds familiar that's why. Enjoy! 

General POV

JJ and Kiara were on their way to go get surfboards. Kiara has tried many many times to convince JJ not to just steal one. She said she was perfectly fine with buying one for him. Of course, he was opposed to the idea. He didn't want her spending money on him. When they got there they spent hours looking for ones that they loved. They ended up picking out boards that had matching colors but in a different design. And for the rest of the day, JJ and Kiara surfed until their legs hurt and they were freezing.

4 years later

"Bro you guys wanna go surfing?" John B said as they all slumped on the couches and chairs at the chateau.

"Come on, John B. I'm exhausted," JJ said getting up to get a beer from the fridge. He grabbed the last two and threw one to Kiara, catching her off guard. She jumped slightly as the cold can touched her leg.

"Hey, oh thanks JJ"

"We've done absolutely nothing today JJ, how could you be tired?" Sarah said as she rolled her eyes. "I mean I'm down." She laced her fingers through John B's "We will go alone if nobody else wants to come."

"Okay fine, I'm down," Pope said standing up.

"Kiara, do something," Sarah said pointing to JJ "we can't go surfing and have half the pogues not be there."

The three of them walked out the door. Kiara gave her a thumbs up and went to go over to JJ. "Are you sure you don't want to go?"

"I have polio bro I can't walk," JJ said groaning.

"Haha very funny, you've used that one already," Kiara said as she grabbed his hand to pull him up.

He groaned again "No Ummm I broke my legs..." he trailed off

"Ya, that's what I thought, let's go, they are probably already out by now"

Kiara pulled JJ's arm as hard as she could and he didn't move. "Okay fine JJ" she threw her hands up in exasperation. "I'll go join the rest of the pogues and you can stay here sitting on your ass for the rest of the day." She turned and walked toward the door

"Okay, I'm comin I'm comin" JJ pulled himself up from the bed and walked with Kiara to get their boards.

"Hey Kie, you know what I just realized," JJ said as they were walking

"Huh?" Kiara asked

"We got these boards together when we were 12. 12!"

Kiara sighed, "has it really been that long?"

"I guess it has," JJ said

"I had just started hanging with you guys"

"I'm glad you did"

"Why is that?"

"Well, that was also the year my dad, you know, started being violent." JJ looked like he was reliving the moment "I was so close to running away Kie. So close. But then you came and changed that. You made hanging out with everyone more fun."

"Do you ever think about it now? Running away?"

"Sometimes"

"Well, where would you go?"

"I don't know, probably Mexico, somewhere I could surf, but I'd move, you know, it would be like a road trip sort of thing."

Without realizing it, the two had gotten closer during the course of the conversation.