11

JJ POV: 

"Where's Kie?" Pope asked as the boys lounged by the beach. 

"Some stupid ass kook party," John b said rolling his eyes.

"Your girlfriend's a kook, idiot," I reminded him. 

"Nah, Sarah's a Pogue now" John B replied. 

I rolled my eyes. "Where is she then? Oh right the same-" I put my hands up in air quotes. "'Stupid ass kook party' Kie's at" John be rolled his eyes back at me. Then I had an idea. I sat up straighter. 

"I-" I started. Pope cut me off.

"JJ, love you and all bro, but we have all learned your ideas suck," Pope said. John B nodded his head in agreement.

"How did you...?" I asked.

Pope shrugged. "You always sit up straighter and get an evil gleam in your eyes when you have an idea." He shivered. "I don't like it." 

I laughed. "I was just gonna say we should crash it. I want some fancy kook beer." I said as I stood up, whipping the sand off me. "You coming or not?" They both nodded though Pope looked skeptical. 

(At the party) 

KIARA POV:

I got to the party late and as I expected, it was... well, it just was. There were lights everywhere and loud music. Really loud music.  I walked up and grabbed a beer from one of the coolers. I sat down on one of the chairs by the pool. As soon as I started to get comfortable, I heard people gasp. Then everyone started breaking out into groups to whisper. 

'Who invited them?'

'Why are they here?'

I knew who it was immediately. When the groups parted, my suspicions were proven when JJ, John B, and surprisingly Pope walked in. Well, John B and Pope walked in, JJ strutted in like he owed the place. When Topper and Rafe just glared at them, the rest of the kooks went back to their groups to chat, while giving us all evil looks every now and then. 

JJ walked over to me. "Hey, Princess."

I blushed. "I told you to stop calling me that,"

"Why?" He asked. 

"Cuz, I mean that's like what you would call me if I was your girlfriend and I'm not so.." I shrugged. 

"Why not?" He asked with a smirk.

There's no way he is gonna do this now. I thought. I decided to play dumb. "Huh?

"Why aren't you my girlfriend?"

My whole 'play dumb' idea went down the drain. "JJ you're kidding me right, we aren't gonna do this here" 

"Kie," JJ said, all serious for once. "Why don't you have a boyfriend?" 

"Because I don't want one." I crossed my arms and smirked. "Why don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Because you don't want a boyfriend," JJ whispered.

"Oh please, I need another beer," I said and turned to walk away. JJ grabbed my hand as I walked away and he pulled me back toward him. 

"You know what?" He asked me.

My face was a dark shade of pink "Huh?" I asked. My voice came out higher and squeaker than I meant it to. Why does he have this effect on me?

"I'm feeling very reckless today," He said with yet again another smirk on his face as he leaned down to kiss me. I screamed at myself internally willing me to pull away. But I couldn't. I knew this was wrong but I couldn't stop. JJ pulled away. 

"Now can I call you Princess?"

I took a deep breath to steady myself. I can't believe I just let that happen. "No! Maybe! Yes?" I said confused. 

"We'll work on it," JJ said and laughed. He walked over and grabbed two beers from the cooler. "I'm done here, lets go." 

As we were walking out, Rafe smirked. "Tell Kiara she looks pretty hot for a Pogue" JJ spun and punched him hard, hard enough for his nose to bleed. I was half trying to help, half trying to look away. My stomach twisted up in knots at the thought of JJ's face, bruised and bloody.  As soon as I got a hold of JJ's arm, I squeezed it gently.  

"JJ, look at me," 

He didn't look. He used his other hand to throw more punches at Rafe. Rafe hit him hard in the jaw which made him stumble back. Finally, JJ was far enough from Rafe so they couldn't touch each other. I grabbed his hand and I wasn't planning on letting go until we were safely away. Sarah went over to her brother and pulled him away to talk. I couldn't hear what they were saying but I knew Sarah was mad. I could see her yelling at Rafe.

Once we all meet up we got Twinkie and drove back to John B's house. The first thing I did when we got there was pull JJ into the bathroom to clean his face. 

"Sorry if this hurts," I said, dabbing lightly on the cut on his face. 

"Nothing I haven't felt before," He said, although he winced a little. 

I frowned. "What's that supposed to mean?" I froze, talking the towel away from his face. 

He shook his head "Nothing,"

"JJ?" I asked taking a step back. 

"Kie it's nothing," He said again. I was gonna wait until he told me what he meant. We stood there in silence. 

"JJ!" I finally yelled. 

"Kiara!" He mocked me. 

"Why are you yelling at me?" I asked. 

He threw his hands up in the air. "Because you're not listening, I said it's nothing,"

I didn't by it. So I stood there and waited. When he said nothing, I walked closer to him and put my hands on his cheeks. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. This time I was whispering.

JJ took a deep breath. "My dad isn't the best dad ever," JJ confessed. He pulled up his shirt to reveal huge purple and black bruises on his ribs. 

I stepped back in shock. 

He stepped closer to me. "Kie" He whispered. 

I didn't say anything else. I put my hands on his cheeks and kissed him.

word count: 1078

its been so long since i have updated. ive kinda forget about this and then i was bored and i started writing again. i know i always say i want to have another part out soon but i can't promise that. my goal is maybe every week or two. anyway i hope you enjoyed! 

-el