Roadtrip Part 1: Leaving

General POV:

JJ tapped his foot on the floor impatiently. He glanced at the clock.

"Ugh," He groaned, and glanced at Kie and Pope and John B who were sitting across from him. "Psst" He whispered to them. "I have an idea, you guys up for it?"

"Again JJ? Another stupid plan?" Kiara said.

"Hey not on my plans are stupid," JJ said defending himself.

"Ummmm, got to agree with Kie on this one," John B said "Most of your plans are stupid"

"Agreed," Pope said.

"Okay well if you don't want to go on a road trip then fine" JJ laid back in his chair with a smug smile on his face. When his friends were silent he turned to see their faces. All of them had the exact same expression on their face. The expression said 'this might be the first good idea you've ever had'

"So are you up for it?'' JJ said, crossing his arms.

"Sure," Kie said

"I'm in," John B added.

Pope shrugged.

"Hell yeah!" JJ said a little too loudly.

"Mr. Maybank!" Mr. Sun said glaring at JJ. "Is there something that you would like to share with the class?"

"No sir, sorry." JJ said, trying not to laugh."

"Are you sure Mr. Maybank?"

"Yeah, I'm sure" JJ smirked and sat back in his seat. "You guys want to go now or wait till the end of school" He whispered.

"We can't go now JJ, we're in school," Pope said glaring at him.

"I mean I'm up for ditching if you're up for it," Kiara said.

"I mean it's our last day, it doesn't really matter" John B set and shrugged "I'm in"

"You guys, this is unreasonable! We're not leaving school on our last day!" Pope said, appalled.

"Mr. Hayward! Do you have anything you would like to say to the class?" Mr. Sun, said tired with these kids already.

Pope sat straight upright in his chair. "No sir, I'm sorry sir"

JJ laughed.

"Is something funny Mr. Mabank?" Mr. Sunn asked.

"Nope," he said, but continued laughing. "It's just that Pope loves school too much,"

JJ stood up. "You know, I hate to tell you this Mr. Sunn, but your class is really boring."

And with that, JJ walked out the door with Kie and John B tailing him.

"Fuck" Pope muttered under his breath. "Sorry, Mr. Sunn" He looked to the door where his friends had walked out and back to the teacher. "Sorry," he said again and got up. He made sure he took all of his school stuff with him so he could finish his homework later and he followed his friends out the door. 

Once the Pogues were outside, they made a plan.

"We're going to need some stuff if we're going to do this now," JJ said to the group. Once they got to the Chateau, they split up. Kie went to get blankets, Pope went to get food, John B went to clean out the Twinkie and JJ watched.

"You know JJ, you could help,'' Kiara said as she threw a bunch of blankets into the van.

"I could! That's a great observation Kie! But alas, I had the idea, so I can sit out of the hard work to make said idea happen" JJ said matter-of-factly.

"Well, she's all clean," John B said.

"Sweet," JJ said walking up to the van and sitting inside. He fell into a cloud of fluffy blankets. "Wow, I could sleep here," He said yawning. 

"Good, because you're going to have to," Kiara reminded him. That's when Pope came back with the food. They had enough for about a week, maybe less. Kiara ran inside to grab her wallet just in case they needed it, and they went to the Cameron's to pick up Sarah. John B had insisted she come and no one objected.  Once everyone was settled in the car and ready to go they took off. They had no plan, barely any food or money, and no idea where they were going. 

This was going to be fun. 

word count: 723

this one is pretty boring and just a filler chapter cuz i had to set up the rest of the parts to this story. im guessing there will be around 4. i hope you liked it tho!

-el