2

I don't think this one needs a backstory. Enjoy!

General POV

JJ was sprawled on the pullout couch bed at the Chateau. He had been asleep since he stumbled here. Earlier his dad had hit him pretty hard when he was home and JJ took it without talking or fighting back. When his dad left to go get a beer, JJ ran out of the house straight to the first place he could think to go, John B's house. The rest of the crew found him there an hour later. They were all laughing as they walked in.

Kiara giggled "No, that's like really stupid beca-" She saw JJ passed out on the bed, his face bruised and bleeding. "JJ!" They all ran to his side. His face was beaten up and Kiara sent John B and Pope out to get first aid supplies since the Chateau had absolutely nothing that could help. Kiara sat down by the bed. Her mind switched into autopilot creating a plan to kill Luke and she grabbed JJ's hand subconsciously. When she touched him, he flipped over onto his back and mumbled incoherently. After about 30 seconds of complete silence, JJ started mumbling again but this time Kiara heard what he was saying.

"No...no" JJ's voice was barely a whisper. "No!" Louder now "No! Don't hurt her!"

Who was he talking about? Kiara thought as she listened to him ramble on. His voice started to fade out and she caught the last word he said before he passed out again, "Kie!"

What? Kiara thought He was dreaming about me? Who was hurting me? While she was thinking JJ managed to come around again. "Don't you dare Luke!" He said and Kiara gritted her teeth. Luke. Of course, he was dreaming about Luke. Well, it wouldn't be a dream so much as a nightmare. "Dad please!" This time it sounded like he was pleading. Kiara wondered what Luke could be doing to make JJ act like this. "DAD! He screamed "Please I... I love her!" Kiara froze. He what? Was he still talking about me? No, he couldn't be. Even though she knew she shouldn't, her body was still moving closer to him. She didn't realize she had moved until her face was inches from his. Her brain was warring with her heart as her heart wanted to close the distance between them, while her brain didn't want to ruin their friendship. Her heart won out over everything and her lips met his. She felt him shift and she pulled away, missing the warmth of his lips against hers. JJ woke up moments after Kiara had pulled away.

"Kie?" His hair was a mess and he looked so confused.

Kiara smiled, "Hey sleepyhead"

JJ furrowed his eyebrows "I just had the weirdest dream"

Kiara laughed, leaned forward, and connected their lips once more. When she pulled away this time JJ looked even more confused than before.

"I mean I'm not complaining but HUH?" He said running his hands through his messy hair.

"Idiot" Kiara mumbled. That's when she heard shuffling by the door. Both of their heads whipped around to see John B and Pope standing in the doorway.

Kiara closed her eyes "How long have you guys been standing there? She asked, her eyes still closed.

"Long enough!" John B said. 

Word count: 552

this one was longer but still short. i hoped you liked it! 

-el