13

Kiara's POV

"What if there are feelings?" JJ asked.

My brain was spinning faster than I could think and my thoughts were all jumbled up. I didn't know how to react. My best option was to play it off and or act like I didn't hear him. 

I took a deep breath, composed my face, and furrowed my eyebrows. "What was that?" I questioned as I walked over to the freezer to put the ice away. I started absent-mindedly cleaning to seem busy. Would he repeat himself? Or play it off?

"Nothing" He replied.

I sighed. Of course, he would play it off. Part of me was hoping he would confess. It might be easier for me to admit the pent of feelings I've been having if he did. "Okay. Well, you stay there if you want, or you could lay down in the guest room. Or we could watch a movie." I tacked on as an afterthought. He smiled and tried to sit up, but winced and laid back down. 

"Sure!" He said. "What movie?" 

                                                                                             .

By the time we had picked a movie, JJ was already tucked in under so many blankets and squished between so many pillows on the couch, you could only see his face. "Ok." He said. "You can start it now," 

I hit play and leaned back on the chair. After about 10 minutes, I got up to grab a blanket. I stood up and walked over to get one when I realized JJ had all of them. I shivered and glared at him. It took him a minute before he looked up. 

"JJ you too-" I started. 

"Kie! If you're gonna talk to me pause the movie!" He screeched. I giggled to myself. He was like a little kid. I grabbed the remote off the table and paused the movie. 

"JJ. You have all of the blankets." I stated. "May I have one?" 

"Come here, it's warm under the blankets," JJ said looking up at me. 

"You're not serious right?" I slightly chuckled to myself. There was no way JJ Maybank wanted to snuggle with me and watch a movie. He scooted closer to the back of the couch and held up one side of the blankets as an invitation. My eyes widen as I realize he was being serious. I roll my eyes to not seem fazed and I crawl next to him on the couch. He was right though. It was nice and warm under the covers. As I was laying down, I started to think about JJ. It wasn't until later that I realized we never turned the TV back on. I think the resentment I felt towards him was turning into something else. Feelings I didn't want to explain. My mind kept wandering and soon I heard JJ snoring next to me. I took that as my cue to leave. As I tried to get up, however, I felt arms wrap around my waist. I sunk back into the pillows and blankets as JJ tightened his grip on my waist. I shivered as I felt his breath on my neck, and turned to face him. He wasn't asleep like I thought he was. I caught him staring at me and his eyes showed something other than hate. He turned to look up at the ceiling. 

Hey Kie?" JJ asked, staring up at the ceiling.

"Yeah J"

"How mad would you be if I kissed you?"

At this point, I was done trying to speak coherently. "Not that mad. Why?" I asked nonchalantly. 

"No reason," He said as he leaned closer...

My heart picked up speed....

He leaned in more.....

I leaned in too........

Our lips met.

There is only one way to describe this feeling. If I were to say that fireworks went off, you would probably laugh but it's true. Fireworks exploded over our heads and my stomach felt like it was about to rip open and thousands of butterflies would fly out. As his grip on my waist tightened, I smiled against his lips. He pulled away and gave me a lopsided grin, the one I always loved but never showed it.

"You're starring again," I said as I looked into his blue eyes. 

"I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified," He said, watching my face. 

A small smile formed on my lips. "I think I might be in love with you you to J," 

He kissed me again. This time with a lot of feeling and love. With one kiss, all the hatred and resentment we were feeling melted off. JJ pulled away again. 

"By the way," He said. "Happy Birthday,"

I beamed. "You remembered?"

"How could I forget?" 

hiiiiii! sorry its been so long! I've had finals and my last day of school is tomorrow! but thats no excuse. i've had major writer block but i think i've got some one shots brewing in my brain. let me know if you think i should add another part to this one about her birthday or if i should leave it. hopefully over the summer i will be able to update more, but i am working at a summer camp so we will see. maybe i can update more than once every 2 months. anyway i hope u enjoyed this one and pls give me ideas if you have them. 

- el