Road Trip Part 4: Stargazing

sorry it's been a little while but here is the final part of the road trip one-shots. enjoy!

Kiara POV:

"OMG! They are so cute!" A voice said. That's what I woke up to. That and JJ's arm wrapped around my waist.

"Sarah!" I half mumbled half yelled as it was way too early and I was tired.

"Yes, Kie?" She asked innocently.

"Go the fuck away," I rolled over, forgetting that JJ was right next to me. I was almost laying on top of him. I could feel that Sarah was smirking behind me.

"How was your night?" She asked. I heard John B chuckle behind her.

"I said go the fuck away. It's too early,"

"Pope's not going to be happy with this," Sarah pointed out. I knew that Pope had a crush on me but I didn't like him at all. He was like a brother to me.

"I won't be happy with what?" Pope asked as he walked towards the back of the van. His voice faltered when he saw how close JJ and I were. His face fell and he turned and jogged away.

"Pope!" I yelled, sitting up.

"I'll go get him," John B said as he ran after Pope. I felt something move beside me.

"Good Morning everybody," JJ said, stretching his arms and yawning.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," I replied. I got lost in his ice blue eyes until Sarah cleared her throat.

"Okay, love birds, let's have fun today," She said walking away. Both JJ and I blushed and we untangled ourselves from the blankets and pillows.

Until it was dark out, I had had one of the best days ever. No running from anyone, no cops, no danger. Tonight was my and JJ's turn to sleep outside. We grabbed a blanket and 2 pillows from the twinkie. After we had hotdogs and smores, again, JJ and I stayed by the fire for a little bit longer. Pope went back to the front seat, and Sarah and John B went to the back of the van.

"Hey JJ?" I asked suddenly.

"Hey Kie?" He said at the same time.

We both laughed. "You go first," We said in unison.

"I'll go first," I got up and laid down on the blanket. "Stargazing?" I asked. JJ smiled and came to join me.

I sighed. "Okay, what's your question?"

"Oh," JJ said nervously. " I was just going to ask," He paused. "What are we?"

"I don't know," I replied. His face fell at my response, so I'm guessing that's not what he wanted to hear.

"I'm just asking because you know like last night and everything, and you know like..." He was talking so fast I couldn't hear a single thing he was saying.

"JJ," I said.

"...and everything with Pope... he has a huge crush on you..." JJ kept going. I reached for his hand.

"JJ!" I said a little louder. He wouldn't stop talking. I had said the wrong thing. I knew what we were, or at least what we could be. I needed him to stop talking. I put my hands on his cheeks and took a deep breath.

"...you don't feel the same wa-" My lips met his. The butterflies in my stomach made it hard to breathe. I felt him smile. He pulled away.

"Hi," He said.

"Hi," I replied. I smiled and sat up. I held my stomach as my head began to spin.

"Kie, you good?" JJ asked, sitting up next to me.

"Yeah, I'm a little light-headed, and my stomach feels like butterflies are at war.

"You're welcome," JJ said and smirked. I laughed because he always made jokes like this, but this time he was more right than he could ever imagine.

word count: 656

so there you go folks, the last part of this one-shot/short story. more individual one-shots soon. i hope you liked how this ended. 

- el