12

JJ POV:

I stumbled up to her front door. John B and Sarah were out doing god knows what and Pope was helping his dad. She was the only option. Kie and I had never really got along, but right now I was desperate. I tried to stand up straighter to not seem hurt and then I remembered my face. A semi deep cut from a bottle on my cheek and a black eye. The purple was fading to more of a black and green. Plus I had fresh bruises on my ribs. I took a deep breath and knocked.

"One sec!" Kie's voice came from the other side of the door. When she turned the door handle, my breath caught in my throat. Would she help? Would she tell me to go away? She pulled the door open and my heart picked up speed.

"JJ?"

She was wearing gray jean shorts and a striped crop top. I think a part of me has always liked Kie more than I should have. But I know she doesn't like me. Plus we never get along.

"Hi," I said sheepishly. Then she saw my face.

"God JJ! What did you do?" She questioned. I shrugged. She didn't know about my dad. Only Pope and John B did. She rolled her eyes. "Come on in." She stepped out of the way and I walked past her into the living room. "Follow me, let's get this- '' She waved her hand in front of my face. "Cleaned up," She said as she walked to the kitchen. "That cut will get infected if you don't clean it" Kiara sighed and I got the feeling she didn't really want me to be here.

"Hey, sorry, I can go. You don't have to help me, I just didn't have anywhere else to go." I started walking to the door. Kiara came up with a towel and ice in her hand.

She shook her head. "JJ sit," She pointed to a chair in the living room. I took a deep breath and contemplated leaving. Then I sat down in the chair. Kiara stood right in front of me and handed me the bag of ice. "Hold this against your eye," I didn't move. My head was spinning and I got light headed. I reached out to hold onto something to steady myself. I froze when I heard Kie inhale.

KIARA POV:

"Hold this against your eye," I told him. He didn't grab it. JJ closed his eyes and looked like he was struggling to think clearly. He swayed back and forth in the chair. When he reached out to grab something, I was not prepared. JJ's hands met my hips and I inhaled sharply. Where his hands met my skin, and electric current shot up my back. When he opened his eyes and saw where his hands were, he pulled them back instantly. 

"S, ss, sorry" JJ stammered. I took a deep breath to stop the pounding of my heart and held the ice out again. This time he took it. He leaned back and held the ice on his eye. "I feel like shit" He groans. 

"You look like it too," I reply. JJ smirked and rolled his eyes. I think a part of me has always liked JJ more than I should have. But I know he doesn't like me. Plus we never get along. I half sigh, half yawn, wishing I got more sleep last night and start to dab at the cut on his cheek. JJ looks up at me with a questioning look on his face.

"Working long shifts at The Wreck messes with my sleep schedule," I answered his wordless question.

"Aren't you tired?" He asked nicely.

I was about to smile and blush because he thought of me but instead I said "I'm fine. Don't worry about me," 

"And why is that? Am I not allowed to worry about you?" He asked catching me off guard. 

"No. You're not, because that would mean that you care to much and caring means feelings"

"So what if I care. What if there are feelings?"

I was stunned. 

word count: 737

hi! it has been literally months but i just got inspo and decided to write. there will be a part 2 to this small part. anyway this one was pretty cute i think. if you have a ideas please let me know. and i hope you liked it. 

- el