Roadtrip Part 3: Camping

Kiara POV:

(As I was walking off I heard someone say, "I'll be right back you guys,")

I knew somebody was following me but I kept going anyway. I sat down in the back of the van contemplating my life. As the footsteps got closer, I took a deep breath. I thought it was going to be Sarah or John B that came but no.

"Hi," JJ said.

JJ POV:

The two of them sat in silence. It wasn't awkward, it was just there. I took a deep breath.

"Hey Kie?" I asked

"Ya?" She replied

"What's wrong?" I said, watching her contemplate her words. How had I not realized how pretty she was. With her chocolate brown eyes and curly brown hair, she looked stunning in the glow of the stars. I metally slapped myself. No! She's your best friend. But part of my mind couldn't stop the flood of images I saw. Her in my arms, her lips on mine. I was shocked out of the daze, when Kie answered my question.

"It's nothing," She said as a tear fell down her face.

"It doesn't look like nothing" I said. I sat forward and brushed off her cheek with my thumb.

"JJ, you don't want to know," She said.

"I do, I want to know why you're upset. You've been out of it for a while, you space out and stare off into space. I know something is bothering you. What is it?"

Kiara stared at me in silence like she hadn't realized I had been paying attention.

"You noticed all of that?" She asked

"Ya what's wrong" I needed to know what was bothering her. It hurt me to see her like this. Kiara started crying. I moved to the other side of the van to sit by her. He pulled up a blanket and wrapped it around her, along with his arm.

"My dad got a job offer," Kiara sobbed.

"Okay... what's wrong with that?" I asked

"It's not in North Carolina"

The silence hit me hard.

"You're moving?" I whispered. My heart felt like it was caving in.

"I don't know!" Kiara broke down in tears again. "I don't want to leave. OBX is my home."

I was silent.

"I don't want you to leave," I whispered after a while. A tear threatened to fall from my eye. I sighed, took a deep breath and held on to the Kiara a little tighter. I let the tear fall. She looked up at me.

"JJ! If you cry it's going to make me cry even more!"

"Promise me you will try to stay?" I asked.m

"JJ, I-"

I grabbed her hands. "Kiara Carrera," I said, getting lost in her eyes. " Promise me you will stay in OBX"

"I'll try," She said sleepily.

"That's not good enough sweetheart," I replied not knowing why I had called her that.

"Well, too bad," She said as she fell asleep. Soon after that, I fell asleep too.

word count: 528

ahhhh this one is short!!! but also pretty cute so i hope you liked it. the next and final part will be out tonight or tomorrow. 

-el