15

KIARA POV:

Sarah and I were sitting on the porch of the Chateau listening to Taylor Swift. The day was dragging on and the boys were out.

"Honestly, I'm just pissed," said Sarah."It's literally Valentine's Day"

"No, is it really?" I lied, knowing full well John B wasn't 'fishing' like the boys all told us, but out getting her stuff right now. He had told me to keep her company. 

"No joke! And the boys decided to go do their own shit today and leave us here. We should have a little Gal-entines" She declared. 

By the time the 10-minute version of 'All too Well' had played through, we saw the Twinkie pull up.

"Finally, I wonder what took them so long, they were with JJ for crying out loud, they probably couldn't have fished for more than an hour!" Sarah said.

"I heard that!" JJ's voice came from the back of the car. Sarah and I rolled our eyes and stood up, I grabbed her hands and pulled her up to dance with me. "- We were dancing 'round the kitchen in the refrigerator light - " We sang and I spun her around.

"That's a goal of mine," I told her, sitting back down and grabbing the beer behind me. "Dance in the light of a refrigerator. My life will be complete." She sat down next to me with a huff.

"I'm sure Pope would love to," Sarah giggled and I rolled my eye. Maybe she was right though. I'd have to ask him. We weren't dating, but we could be. I guess. I don't really know what we are. But I think I like him as a friend. As the boys made their way up to the house, I talked to Sarah and turned her away so they could get the things out of the car. John B walked up with a box of chocolates, JJ had a tiny teddy bear, and Pope had one of those small heart balloons on a stick. 

"Hey, Sarah" John B said. She turned around and he held out the candy. "Happy Valentine's Day!" They were both really happy and she threw her arms around him. She ran into the house to grab her gift for him and I followed after her, not really paying full attention to the whole thing. As much as I was happy for Sarah and John B, being single on Valentine's Day is not a good feeling, especially when others are celebrating around you.

"Hey Kie?" I turned around to see Pope standing uncomfortably by the door holding the heart balloon. "Happy Valentines Day, I guess," He said and handed me the balloon, awkwardly.

"Aw, thanks Pope," I smiled. 

"KIE!" I heard Sarah's voice from outside. I glanced at Pope in an 'I'm gonna go now' sort of way, but there was hopefully another thank you in the glance as well. I ran outside and leaned against a beam to watch Sarah open the final present from John B, which he has grabbed from the car. I tuned them out pretty much but smiled every time Sarah showed me something. Right as I was about to go back inside. I felt the presence of someone behind me. I saw JJ out of the corner of my eye and was about to turn around when he said,

"Put ur hands out and close your eyes." 

"Behind me?" I questioned.

"Mhm"

He placed something soft in my hands. "Do I get to look?" I asked. 

"Sure, now you can." He said. I pulled my hands back from behind my back, and JJ had given me the tiny teddy bear. "I named him Harold on the way here if you were wondering, but yeah, Happy Valentine's Day, Kiara," He said, smiling.