Chapter Twenty One pt 4

Lifting back, Drokn repositioned his face in front of Eial's, his gaze focused from his lips to his eyes. Eial's eyes turned into crescents as they glittered in mischievous playfulness. "You're flirting now," he said, looking back and forth from one amber eye to the other.

"Yes, my dear, I am indeed flirting," Drokn smirked, his own eyes glistening with his arched grin.

"I think I understand the difference between flirting and teasing now," giggled Eial and Drokn followed with a weightless chuckle of his own, gazing at the preciousness across from him.

A flower bloomed inside Drokn, overwhelming tingling sparking goosebumps on his upper arms, his core, light, floating. He yearned to be closer, to connect minds, emotions, souls. Not questioning the way he was feeling, these sensations. Perhaps it was the alcohol, perhaps it was just because of this particular elf, his walls were curtains that spread wide, beaming in the sunlight that came through. He breathed in, the air hissing against his teeth, coolness grazing the hot flesh inside.

The demon and the elf shared this moment with each other, around each other, their mutual contentment and desire flowing through their bond. The lantern light washed yellow and orange on the sides of their faces, locking in their penetrating gaze.

Soon, the lantern flickered off with a sizzle as the oil ran dry. The smell of dry smoke permeated the air with a tinge of stale oil.

And in that second, both of their lips touched.

Warm and soft and gentle within the darkness. Unable to see each other, only able to feel their breath against their skin, the weight of their lips on one another, the taste of their tongues as the kiss deepened. They leaned towards the other in their seated positions, mirroring affection, listening to their instincts, none feral, yet profound depth.

In the simplest of words, Drokn felt... happy. Content in front of his elf, thrilling heartbeats at their intimacy. Jumping, laughing, cheering, his heat danced, embracing the overwhelming joy.

Steadily, their mouths drifted away, only to follow with an innocent peck. Upturned, smiling lips molding over smiling lips, wet, ticklish.

Eial moved himself apart to stare into his demon's darkened eyes as their vision adjusted to the night. Delighted, his own green ones sparked in thrill at the new experience, swerving his tongue on the roof of his own mouth. With a soft giggle, Eial followed his heart and kissed the tip of the demon's nose, then his right cheek, and finished off with his arms snug around the demon's neck. His chin rested on the demon's shoulder as he nuzzled himself in with a deep sigh.

Drokn followed, his palms on the elf's hips, guiding him closer until the elf sat on his thighs and he could wrap his arms tightly around the elf's lower back.

They stayed silent in the hug for a while, their body heat giving company to comfort. When the elf's breathing became long and full, Drokn called Eial's name in a voice deep, dense. When there came no answer, the demon kept one arm around the elf's lower back and brought the other one higher, resting his hand in between the elf's shoulder blades.

Carefully moving the elf in front of him, he chuckled warmly as he saw his charming elf deep within dreams. Analyzing his face, he gazed heartfully at the peaceful, closed eyes, his blushed cheeks that were visible even in the darkness. He placed a kiss on those same blushed cheeks, those same eyes, and was drawn to kiss his forehead, where he lingered for a while.

Slowly leaning backwards, his back rested on the sleeping mat they sat on with Eial sprawled on top. Drokn smiled, relishing in how comfortable the elf felt encompassed in his arms. How perfectly he fit against him.

Within the warmth of the elf and peace of the cool night, the demon joined the elf into his own land of dreams.

~~~

BOOM! Before the sun could warm the fields that morning, a loud blast roared in an empty field, shaking the houses nearby. K'ra's house was no exception and the thunder-like reverberation woke them all, including the two younger ones once blissfully asleep.

Eial and Drokn stared at one another deliriously, not quite asleep, not quite awake. Eial felt much too comfortable to move and Drokn didn't care to. Their drifting mind could not catch up to the present. That was, until the loud, rushed footsteps down the stairs snapped the two fully awake. By the time the source of the footsteps landed on the same floor, Drokn and Eial had not had enough time or warning to untangle themselves.

Instead, they lay witness to the one and only K'ra.

K'ra looked at them and covered their mouth with both hands as if seeing something as darling as a kitten roll over adorably on its back. But then, mind returning to what was important, they dropped their hands and shook their head vigorously, refocusing. Observing briefly to see if the two were okay, K'ra walked closer and handed a blindfold to Eial, who was now separated, regretfully, from his mate.

Eial did not seem to mind or care that they were seen. Affection was common among the love-drawn elves and it wasn't as if they had been indecent. Drokn, however, only realized with the presence of another how close they had been, and the new intimacy, the new sense of connection and belonging felt so raw and vulnerable that Drokn grew... shy? No, that's incorrect. Surely, someone as proud and dignified as Drokn would never feel shy.

Alas, any sort of whatever he had felt that spiked his pulse lasted only briefly. As the moment he saw the serious expression on K'ra handing Eial the blindfold, his sobered mind remembered the rumble of the house before and knew something was greatly amiss.