Chapter Eleven pt 2

Eial was disheartened. He wasn't sure what he should have done to not upset the demon. He didn't know why the demon had gotten so upset, either— or perhaps he did. His mother had always told him to keep his magic a secret. And he was starting to understand why. Before his mother, who came to stand behind him, could speak, he voiced his thoughts first in a whisper. "Should I stop using my magic?"

A pained expression— brows turned up, lips slightly parted, and chest downfallen. The demoness softly held both of the elf's hands and bent her knees to face him. "Your magic is not at fault. Drokn, he's just— it seems like he's envious of your magic. Which means your magic is just that special to have. He just loves your magic so much that he wants to have it, himself."

Eial's lips slightly turned up. "Are you sure?"

"I'm fairly certain."

The small hands slid off the demoness's light hold and covered his cheeks.

Confused, yet amused, his mother smirked slightly and crossed her arms. With a quirked brow and snorted laugh, she asked, "Are you really that happy to make him jealous?"

"No, it's not that." Eial spread his fingers open and looked up through the gaps. "I'm just happy he loves my magic. And my magic is a part of me." His face reddened even further, causing his mother to laugh at his silliness and again ruffle his hair. This seemed to be a common habit with the two demons. His poor hair will forever be a victim!

~~~

The demon had decided to lay on the bed inside the small structure. Muddled thoughts hung within his mind, but no truthfulness let itself exit. Annoyance, anger, all towards the elf. And hims— no, just the elf. And the demoness. No one else. When he turned himself over to face downward with a huff, he noticed the faint earthy, grassy smell from below. Unwillingly, his shoulders relaxed and his strained face loosened. On the soft, flat surface, his thumb grazed slowly as he breathed in deep—

CRACK!

His eyes widened and he sprung up at the noise as he noticed in front of him a small creature and light beaming from above. Precisely, it was a familiar elf with a familiar earthy smell who had decided that because he couldn't come through the front entrance, his next best option was to puncture a hole from the top and dive in uninvited.

After the initial shock, the demon glowered at the elf. Most definitely he glowered from the residual anger he had towards the elf and not at all because of the stir of embarrassment he felt at his interrupted actions.

"Why are you here?" the demon asked threateningly— or attempted to.

"I wanted to see you."

Looking over to make sure his magic was indeed still wrapped around the entrance, he continued, lifting a brow and pointing his chin to that direction. "Have you heard of wanting personal space?"

Eial's eyes widened. "Oh!" he said and took a step back.

Drokn stared blankly for a moment before sighing in defeat and slouching. "What do you want?"

With the sweetest smile, Eial spoke in honesty. "Mother said you were jealous."

If Drokn had had a drink, he would have spat it out. Instead, he resorted to a disbelieving scoff. "How dare! She thinks I am weak enough to feel jealous? And you! Are you looking down on me?"

Ignoring the reason he'd taken a step back in the first place, Eial walked forward, closing the distance between him and the demon. "She said it's because you like my magic. You should have told me!" Before Drokn could sputter any more haughty nonsense, Eial kneeled down and gently held both of the demon's hands with his own. Bringing them forward to rest within their vision, he concentrated on the empty space between them.

The cooling sensation seeping into the backs of the demon's hands calmed him and quieted him. Remembering that whatever the elf was planning didn't matter at the moment, he voluntarily let them rest, soaking in the feeling that was flowing into him.

But very soon after, a small ball of water formed within the space of their palms. The ball turned into a square and then a triangle. It continued to morph into various shapes, one after the other.

Looking with upturned eyes, Eial's voice spoke in melody. "I wish I could give you my magic, but for now, hopefully this will make you feel like you have it."

The shape of the water then turned into a smiley face, with a rope of water in a circle, two small balls for eyes, and a thick line for lips. Then, small ovals formed under the eyes and the smiley face seemed to blush just like the face that created it.

At the scene, Drokn's chest felt a sense of warmth and sparks. He smirked not condescendingly, but rather softly. Without thought, he slid his hands out of the elf's hold and brought them to cover the elf's instead. But, at the second of contact—

BOOM!