Excerpt + Extra Side Story

Excerpt:

It was in that blaring moment of understanding that Drokn realized— How long had it actually been since he'd felt the tightening of his bond with the elf?

How long had it been since the elf completely lost trust in him? And completely lost trust in their future?

----
[Above is an excerpt I forgot to add to the last part, but will be reiterated later so not too big if missed]
-----

(**Just so you don't miss it if you skim, there's a Drokn x Eial moment after the author's note!)

Author's Note:

We have finished Book 1... kinda. Technically, "Book 2" was supposed to just be a continuation, but then I realized how long book 1 was turning... So I decided to split the two main climaxes and add more content about the elven world into Book 2.

Book 1 was an introduction to the characters and focused on the development of Drokn. Book 2 will focus on the development of their romance as well as Eial. There will be a lot more angst (heh), but also a lot more romantic moments!

I was actually really worried to post the end of Book 1 because of how much yall wanted some cute moments, but with the plot development I had in mind, I didn't know where to add it when all the action started. I posted the end and was like "Please don't hurt me" -cries-

But to make up for it, I decided to write a special extra just to fulfill some of those needs xD Hope that will suffice for now. It takes place some time in the future.

Without further ado, enjoy:

-----

EXTRA SIDE STORY:

Sunshine caressed warmth onto their cheeks as a cool wind blanketed them. The melody of sparrows played along, greeting the orange glow of dawn. A grassy smell eased into their noses, each breath shared against the other of the two bonded mates.

As comforting as it was, the elf found himself sweating within the grasp of the demon from their cuddle. A mild irritation causing his brow to crease, Eial gently eased away from the hold, lifting the other's arm and setting it back down when he was far enough away.

Propping up on one arm, the elf looked down at the resting demon, the curve of his jaw, to the pointedness of his ears, to the roughness of his horns. Laying back down by the demon's side, the elf touched the demon's horn, the grittiness scraping along the elf's thumb.

Eial lifted himself once more and touched his lips against ridges. Slowly, his gentle kisses moved along from the curved horns, to the temples, to the demon's sleeping eyes. To the soft cheeks, to the pointed nose, to the dip of the demon's lip. He giggled on the contact and kissed him once more before staring at the unknowing face.

Suddenly, a glimmer crossed the elf's mischievous eyes before he licked the demon's lip and kissed him once more, and again, and again, growing in his passion as much as he was growing out of breath. His playful lips snickered as they continued down the very jaw he stared at and made his way down to the collarbone. With a gentle bite on the raised surface, he quickly looked up at the demon's face for a reaction before he bit again, a little harder.

All of a sudden, large hands gripped his sides and he was hoisted up and placed on top of the demon. Lovely giggles showered along the demon's ears as the demon hugged across the elf's back and gripped his attempt to escape the hold.

"Will this be my wake up call from now?" the demon chuckled as he placed soft kisses all over the elf's face— all but the lips.

"Perhaps it will be," the elf teased, forcing their lips to finally meet again.

They chuckled against each other's breaths and when a waft of sunflowers met their nose, both breathed deeply into the scent. Drokn started to take lead of the kiss, tilting apart their lips, intertwining tongues that met each other's teeth. Until the elf grew breathless, moist breaths grazing the chin of the other.

"Let go, Drokn. I feel too warm," the elf requested, feeling the dampness of sweat against his torso where he felt the drift of Drokn's body heat through their thin fabric.

Smirking, Drokn spun them around, the demon now on top, pinning every corner of the elf from the chance to flee. "I don't want to."

Eial had seen that glint on the demon before, his eyes turning red from the amber they once were. A relaxed and playful smile remained on his face with a rosiness tinted on his cheeks, the demon eased down, tilting his head to the right. But a finger's width away from the elf's lips, suddenly a large splash of icy water drenched the two. Balled fists and low hanging head with hair forward like curtains, Drokn took a deep, shaky breath before glaring at the elf, unimpressed.

Abruptly, they were met with yet another icy cold splash.

"You imp!" Drokn hissed before devouring the elf's cheek in aggressive kisses, the elf's laughter drowning the air and bewitching the demon's frown into a smile.

With many "Okay, Okay!"'s and "I'll stop!"'s steeped with giggles, the demon finally moved away, letting the elf warm and dry them with a wave of air from his magic.

Moments later, the elf revealed his basket of bread and spreads, which they shared under the shade of a lone tree. During their meal, they gazed at the clovers and made shapes of the clouds. Drokn revered the sight of the elf blowing the seeds of a dandelion against the wind, a view that almost seemed like magic, itself.

Time passed and the two found themselves cuddling on their sides again, this time the demon within the elf's hold, breathing on the elf's chest. Drifting into light caresses and small remarks and the giggles that followed, they spent time within each other's hold before leisurely making their way back home from their little outing.