Warm welcome

Rear admiral Jackson T. Stevens

"Starboard side! Light 'em up Kelly!" The gunnery sergeant yelled as we steamed quickly could towards base.

Once again those albino tentacle fairies caught us while we were sitting on the dunny or so we thought, but it seemed that it I was the only one out of the loop as many of my peers saw me as as a bloody muppet that harassed the shipgirls through the day.

The sky was full of black puffs as well as those pesky little drones and while our defenses were holding them at bay, it was clear we were about to have a mare with them if we did not do something about it on time.

 "Ensign, how much longer until we get to the base?!" I asked as the the dual fifty caliber anti air screamed to life once again.

"I'm going as fast as we can sir! This thing isn't meant for speed!" the ensign said as the marine was able to land accurate shots at the incoming enemy, yet it seemed like nothing could stop it.

"TAKAHASHI TURN STARBOARD!" the gunner scream in terror, yet ensign did not think twice. It was only then that we could see a small object detach from the bomber. 

I could only watch as once again that view of the object grew ever so bigger, it was always a sight that haunted me. It would always make me believe that this would be my ever last cuck up and it even made me at times question if this was a profession I was truly born to do. The bomb yet once again; let it be by the skill of the young lads of the patrol boat or by the luck of some Irish plonker. Slammed on to the atoll drenching us in that all too familiar salt water.

"That was close." The ensign said shaken from the experience.

  "We're taking on water sir! We need to run the boat aground!" the machinist mate yelled over the intercom. 

 "Takahashi, run the ship aground now! We aren't that far!" i commanded while another aircraft began to dive on us.

"Yes sir!" 

 "Gunners, Port bow!" i commanded once again. The deadly barrage of twin fifty caliber machineguns and twenty millimeter cannon would have been deadly to any aircraft of the time. But unfortunately for us, we were on a base where every equipment was woefully obsolete to say the least.

The brave marines fired away with amazing accuracy, but the little bugger continued its final voyage. We were quick to realize that the drone had no intention in pulling away, it was determined to see that this was going to be our final moment in this god forsaken planet.

For once in a long time, I saw my entire life flash before me. All the things I could have done, all the people I have wronged. Everything I did at that point, was about to become nothing more than a footnote into history. I would have gone down into the book as a lecherous and perverted commander if it were not for the quick thinking of my favorite wife.

  "You look bummed out Commander. How about we turn that frown right upside down?" San Diego asked with her usual blissful ignorance.

 How about we turn that frown right upside down?" San Diego asked with her usual blissful ignorance