Pretty little liars

Headquarters

They say that war changes people, that they never are the same person as they once were. The truth is that those that believe such things live in a sane and just society... there was no such thing as a sane and just society after the sirens appeared.

Some say that they are just monsters, others try to find a way to make it look like it makes sense. But they are just another animal in the food chain who happens to be superior to us, we are no longer the dominant species of this world nor will ever be again. It is only by the grace of these girls that miserable bastards like me are breathing right now rather than being used as a test subject for those creatures playing god. All we could hope for was that the girls did not ended becoming what they swore to destroy as well.

Bismarck was one of these cases where I had to tread carefully, she was a kinslayer at best and a traitor at worse. It was clear for everyone who was present at the base that she was guilty of either crime no matter how much she justified it. Regardless of how I felt about her, we all knew that her days were numbered unless she proved to everyone otherwise. Sure we could always rebuild her, but there were rules in place to prevent such a thing from occurring since every time one of the girls sink, the possibility of having the reincarnations becoming mindless husks becomes greater. They end up being no better than a mass reproduction ship, U five five six learned this the hard way when her sister was brought back.

"She really did it..." I said to myself in disbelief as she arrived at the port resembling a shell shocked soldier while holding her sister's 'memory tag'.

She was being closely escorted by Yamato, Z twenty three, Enterprise and Sheffield as her rigging materialized into its original form. The girls on the other hand did not do the same until Bismarck was cuffed.

I waited for them in the office nervously while Jackson and Helena were working in finding any trace of the arbiter empress an the new ship. There were to many questions and the ones we could answer only multiplied the questions. I looked over the distorted image of the sighting once more, it was hard to distinguish any details but it was obvious that it was a capital ship.

"What the hell just happened?" I asked myself as I placed the paper down once more before sighing deeply just moments before my door swung wide open being greeted by Enterprise's piercing glare before she dragged into the room our wannabe criminal followed by the rest of the girls who bare witness to the event except for our rookie battleship and the little sub.

Bismarck and I locked our gaze, she was surprised, she smiled only for it to quickly fade into fear before she glared insistently towards me.

 "Matthew!" Bismarck growled as she tried to approach me only for Enterprise and Sheffield to grab her by the arms as the aloof maid pressed one of her guns on the side of Bismarck's torso. She quickly realized that if she attempted anything rash it would be the end of her.

"... It's been a while Bismarck..." I said after a few seconds of silence.

 "... Indeed it has been..." Bismarck said coldly as the atmosphere in the room grew ever so tensely.

"... Okay... so what happened...?" I asked after a brief moment of silence as a manjuu sat on a corner with a typewriter waiting for the after action report to begin.

  "Well I assume that you are already aware of the beam of light that we all witnessed, I was having a chat with miss Scarlet and miss u five five six near the docks before I took the initiative to investigate it's source." Yamato said as she looked at me sternly.

"That was reckless and you know this... what if enterprise and illustrious weren't there to cover you?" I asked only for her to freeze for a moment before she looked down in embarrassment.