Little Alfie and the rookie

J.O.S.S 'Silent'

Long ago there was a man that was feared yet respected by its friends and foes alike, a humble farmer from a region called Karelia took up arms to defend his country like many others. But unlike his comrades, he was deadly with a rifle. He was a sniper who refrained from using scopes to hunt his enemies. He would hide in the snow like a hunter waiting patiently for his game and many fell before they even knew what happened. That man, was non other than Simo Häyhä or the white death as his enemies called him. Many asked him how he became so skilled with such a antiquated rifle, his only answer was very simple... practice.

"Again..." Sheffield commanded as i once again laid drenched in salt water. I was officially a newly summoned ship who was being trained by the commander's most reliable maid. Sheffield seemed frail and delicate for a little woman such as herself, but looks were deceiving.

 "Don't worry, I'm just going easy on you..." i said standing up once again, my body ached as well as began to feel heavy. I have been fighting her for hours with practice ammunition, yet she seems like she just started.

"You have been saying that for over three hours..." Sheffield said as she retracted her weapons once again, it felt like she was mocking me for fighting so poorly.

 "I'll wipe that smug off your face!" i said as a charged at her once again. I fired my main batteries followed by my secondary's, it would have been an easy 'kill' but Sheffield was nothing like my 'usual' targets.

She dodged them with ease, not even once firing back at me, her unfazed cold stare was all the more taunting towards me. To think that some frail looking woman would best me seemed unreal, but this is the kind of power these 'Kansens' wield.

"You are being predictable again..." Sheffield said as a round missed her by mere inches from her face.

My guns continued firing volley after volley, but Sheffield seemed far to nimble for me to hit. She quickly closed her distance although she seemed adamant in not using her armaments. I have to admit that she was much quicker than i expected, her movements only gave me enough time to parry another blow.

But just like any skilled fighter would, she quickly stuck one of my 'weak points' and before I realized it, I was levitating in the air as a delicate palm press itself against my chest. Just like that, I was back to square one drowning once again with salt water almost as if I was just baptized before being pulled up again by Sheffield who still looked at me coldly.

 Just like that, I was back to square one drowning once again with salt water almost as if I was just baptized before being pulled up again by Sheffield who still looked at me coldly

"I see that you were being serious when you told me that you didn't have any combat experience other than anti aircraft duties..." Sheffield said before I feel into the water once gain.

"... And even still... I find your performance lacking... it is raw with power but it does not have the discipline and grace of a proper excecution..." she said before she extended her hand towards me.

 "... I don't need you to tell me that, I know..." I said standing up once again refusing her help.

"You are letting your emotions get the better of you as well, it is a grave error to conduct yourself out of pure emotion miss..." Sheffield said observing me intently.