Vixens and the lady of iron

Vice Admiral Matthew D. Watson

"Hey commander, fancy seeing you around here. That bootlicker finally let you go?" Musashi asked with her warm smile as she sat at the shrine's steps.

 "You could say that, just wanted to see how you and Tsuzuki were doing. I'd reckon he's been behavin'?" I asked with a slight curl of the lips. 

"Oh you know, he just wont stay still. Especially when that old fart brings his little kid to play with him." She said as I took my officer's cap and sat next to her.

 "Well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree now does it?" I asked as we both chuckled.

"That is true, but don't forget that you're not the only lively one here." she said inching herself closer to me.

 "Though what are we going to do once we head off toward the campaign is the question. He's too young take him with us and if we could, he'd be more of a burden. But I don't want to leave him all by himself either." I said pensively.

"You're that worried for Tsuzuki? Is it one of your hunches again?" Musashi asked with a more stern gaze.

 "Yeah, I'm going to send him to his grandparents along with the others. I don't want to put that burden on ma' and pa' but I have no other choice unless I want them to be with the grand admiral." I said before pausing to collect my thoughts.

 "I'm sorry I dragged you into all of this, you wasted your chance to be with an upstanding guy. No you're stuck with me thanks to that son of a bitch bossing us around."  I said with a heavy sigh before a moment of silence befell on us. 

"Well, you want my honest opinion?" She asked breaking the silence.

 "Sure..." I said hesitantly.

"I couldn't have asked for a better mate." she said before I scoffed at her.

 "You can just chosen any of the imperial guards or aides that watch over you. We know all too well that you'll just end up being heartbroken because I'm being treated like a goddamn stud to make more ships without the need of cubes." I said before taking a deep breath.

 "Look I appreciate the sentiment and I will be honest, you're a fine woman. But I don't think I'll be able to live with myself if I end up really upsetting one of you gals after everything y'all done for me and the boys."

"So?" Musashi asked as if it were just some inconvenience.

 "So? Are you serious? Didn't you just hear me?" I asked perplexed before she took a stand.

"Commander, people have done far worse things just because they wanted my attention." she said gazing at the entrance where rows of arcs and cherry blossom trees stood on each side.

"Ever since I came into existence, I've been always surrounded by fake smiles and pleasantries. No one dared to challenge me nor my sister, and it was to be honest something that even Yamato found tiring at times."