Mysteries of the great harmony

J.O.S.S Agent Emiko "Silent" Watson

"Is that all?" I asked as I unloaded the last pieces of belongings from sailors that were rescued from the near by picket station. 

 "Yeah that's all. Thanks kid, maybe you should teach my boys a thing or two. They can't seem to know which ones left or right." The older marine said with a grumble as he stared at the other younger marines.

"Just give them time, everyone has a bad day." I said before he scoffed.

 "Young lady, this is just Tuesdays for us and on the best of days I'm trying to keep the MPs off these three stooges." He said before jumping on to the drivers seat of the truck.

"I- I see."

 "Anyways, thanks for the help. One last thing though, heard that Freddy was looking for you. Might wanna' go to the CIC of that BUF." He said as the truck roared to life.

 "And you just tell me this now?" I asked suspending my disbelief.

"Ehhh~ My memory isn't what it used to be, let's leave it at that." 

 "Fine, thanks." I said after sighing out of frustration. 

As soon as the truck pulled away, I was left with the usual commotion of the base. It almost seemed as if nothing had happened, some of the girls were back to doing what they were as per usual, the marines did their runs or were having some small chat with kansens or fellow marines. There was even one sunbathing next to a destroyed wreck of a siren fighter. It would seem surreal to people now a days but it was just a normal day in the pacific back then.

"Alright, C.I.C..." I said before turning around to see the steel beast that laid docked behind me.

"... Just where the hell is that?" I said to myself as I began to make my way into the ship. 

To say that the ship was massive was putting it lightly, though the design was ridiculously outdate and showed its age with its early twentieth century like components, one could tell that the commander as well as the ones who'd wish to keep this ...

To say that the ship was massive was putting it lightly, though the design was ridiculously outdate and showed its age with its early twentieth century like components, one could tell that the commander as well as the ones who'd wish to keep this ship afloat did their work. 

The ship was clearly modernized with its all too obvious eagle union standard. Redundant radars, overlapping anti air emplacements, reduction to the more reliable three hundred and four millimeter triple barreled turrets from U.S.S Guam and not to mention its speed. Just what kind of crazy Frankenstein black magic did the commander do just for the sake of keeping this ship alive and combat capable? The more I kept thinking about this, the more questions arose. 

It felt like hours searching the ship, I went in and out of compartments, passed through mess halls and empty combat stations in where some people should be. It felt eerie at the thought that such a ship would house so many people. I could have almost picture myself walking by these halls full of other people, almost as if I were in a city of itself and all of us had a specific task to keep such a beast operating.