A fool's confession

K.M.S Bismarck

I have but a question to who ever reads this, have you ever lost something so dear that you felt as if a part of yourself was ripped away? I will assume you have, given that you have stumbled upon this memoir and decided to read it. 

I was once a mighty and renowned Kansen who lead a proud nation, yet due to the ignorance that came with prosperity we allowed ourselves to fall prey to the same old trick that many civilizations had  foolishly attempted before. As for me though, I was created with one purpose in mind, to wage war against the enemies of the Ironblood and lead our nation to victory, just as many before me have once done.

But such a thing happened years ago and now I found myself casted off to the middle of the pacific, surrounded by my former colleges and a man that once showed me what it meant to be human, to enjoy the simple things in life and even make feel I could 'be myself' as he puts it.

Now I was once again at the mercy of our foes and that man, as anything that could happen to him would surely mean the end of my pitiful existence. Though this would have sounded like a tempting offer, I still needed to tell him something important. Yet it was a confession that would potentially cause harm to my comrades of the Ironblood. 

"Bismarck, can you see anything on your radar?" Matthew asked as he sat to my upper port turret. Normally my rigging would have immediately attacked him if it were the rear admiral, but it seems that they seem to have taken a liking to him as if they were guard dogs protecting their master. 

 "We're still surrounded." I said as we moved ever so cautiously.

"And Cataclysm?" he asked looking back to make sure Eugen did not fall behind.

 "I can't tell, there are multiple sirens lurking about as well. Though it looks ever more likely that we will have break through."

  "Hmm sounds familiar doesn't it?" Eugen said with her usual nonchalant demeanor.

"That was some time ago, crazy to think it already has been sixteen years since that battle

"That was some time ago, crazy to think it already has been sixteen years since that battle." he said with a somber expression. 

He wasn't the young energetic boy we all met so many years ago, he was a man approaching his forties. His life was full of experiences and regrets by now,  no matter how much he smiled or tried to appear cheerful in front of others it was clear to everyone that ever since Yamato's disappearance his mental health had slowly begun to decline.

 "And it feels as if it was yesterday, funny how time goes by so fast." 

"Yeah, although the same cant be from the outcome of that fateful day." I said as the roar of naval rounds flew overhead hitting true to their mark.

 "And now we are in some sort of bastardized repetition. Though I am glad that at the very least I am not coming to blows with hood and prince of wales." I said having piqued Eugen's interest.