Silent's gamble

J.O.S.S Agent 'Silent'

"What is your name?"

 "Silent..."

"What is your mission?"

 "Eliminate the enemies of azur lane."

"What do you remember of the death of Captain Wiltold Fanciszek Pilecki?"

 "Nothing..."

"What is azur lane?"

 "Everything..."

"What are the sirens?"

 "Death..."

"Are you a traitor?"

"No..." 

These were the words that constantly played on my mind, no one could know of this, no one could could understand nor explain. It controlled my body every time I'd summon my true rigging. That constant pestering of that disembodied voice forced me to respond as if I were nothing but a damned robot. The notion of having to listen to it absolutely terrified me, yet now more than ever that rigging was becoming more and more necessary even though lady Yamato gave me strict orders not to summon it.

"Sheffield!" I yelled as she suffered another blow to her chest.

 "I'm fine, just a scratch." she said with a painful groan while her turrets fired away at the numerous reproduction ships that lured us in with a fake S.O.S signal.

We were able to follow the commander up to until his own dive bomber disappeared into the mist, everything that happened afterwards though felt like a blur as smell of burn propellant and the chaos of battle engulfed our senses. In essence, we were surrounded with no hope of escaping unless I opted for the unthinkable.

"Sheffield, I'm going to have to do it." I said anxiously.

 "Do not release your inhibitor, that is an order!" Sheffield said balancing herself once again.

 "We just need to hold them off a little longer." Sheffield said with a jagged breath lazily aiming her weapons towards another siren ship.

"You're in no position to fight right now Sheffield! Just stand behind me!" I said as I stood yet once again between Sheffield and the closest ship that took aim at us.

 "Silent, your shields wont hold. We are going to need to evade." Sheffield said before I followed her advise. 

As soon as the crimson warship fired, what Sheffield predicted came to pass. The shield I summoned was as if I placed a thin layer of wet paper was placed in the path of a stampeding animal, it only managed to buy us a second or two of respite. But every second we were able to stall them brought us closer to our reinforcements.

"Can anyone hear me?! This is agent Silent, I need help! H.M.S Sheffield is hit badly and needs to be evacuated!" I said carrying the light cruiser as we continued to fire away one of our main guns.