Chapter 8: Connect

Days passed since that night Han met up with Lily that night. He thought about it constantly. He thought about Lily and her words stuck with him but not in a good way. He was puzzled by the fact that she was raised by the old Jedi code. 

"Father?" Han said sitting next to Ben as he was fishing.

"Yes, son?" Ben responded still focusing on his fishing.

"Why don't we follow the old Jedi code?"

"Because it doesn't work. My grandfather, your great-grandfather, Anakin fell to the dark side because he had to keep his marriage a secret. You see, if we focus on being the best of the best and not focus on just trying to be a good person or Jedi than we are doomed to fail. You should be a good person and Jedi and you need to try but you don't need to be perfect." Ben explained.

"Oh."

"Why did you ask?"

"I just know some still believe in it."

"Hmm." Ben responded taking that answer in suspicion.

"So... good talk?" Han asked as he got up.

"I guess."

"Cool." Han said as he nodded and turned around ready to leave.

"Han?" Ben responded.

"Yes?" Han replied pausing.

"If you ever sneak out again make sure everyone is actually asleep." 

"You knew?"

"Of course." Ben answered.

"Then why didn't you tell mom?" Han asked a bit confused by his father's response.

"Your mother is dealing with some things and the last thing she needs right now is to worry about you." 

"I understand, father." Han replied and walked away.