Chapter 16: Time Passes By

It had been three months since Han met Lily. They were closer than ever. But he had feelings for her. His feelings were as strong as the force and he couldn't deny their connection. Her bright blue eyes were full of life and they were kind. He found himself melting in her eyes every single time they laid eyes on one another. He didn't say it out loud to anyone, not even Lily, he was the only one who knew the truth. He never even wrote it in his personal journal because he felt like it would be too real and too much. Han did write about her and her strong and witty personality but writing about his love for her was the hard part.

Han was in the woods by himself and at war with himself. He wanted to tell Lily how he felt but he couldn't. Lily's family would never approve. They would never be able to completely trust him because of the legacy the Skywalkers had. He was also part Solo and his grandfather, Han was known as a smuggler until he met his wife Leia and settled down. There was no way he could be worthy of Lily and her love. But her family didn't even believe in love the way that he did.

"Hey big bro." Hope said as she sat down right beside her brother and made him wince.

"Hi." Han mumbled.

"Scared you?" Hope teased letting out a soft chuckle.

"Yeah," Han sighed trying not to show his annoyance. "just a little bit." Han finished and rolled his eyes. He wanted to be alone in his thoughts but he was too prideful to say it out loud to her.

"You are thinking about her... aren't you?" Hope asked.

"No, I'm just bored." Han lied hoping she would leave him alone.

"I do know when you are lying."

"Why is it any of your business?" Han snapped.

"It's not," Hope sighed in defeat. "I just know you like her and you miss her when you can't see her."

"I don't like her.," Han groaned.

"Come on, I have read your journal," Hope shrugged. "she is all you write about."

"You read my journal?" Han asked as his eyes widened.

"Sometimes just out of boredom." Hope answered bluntly.

"I've never felt like this in my entire life." Han responded.

"If you don't like her then what is it?"

"I love her." Han answered and looked down.