9 ❁ stomach pains & nightmares

It was now dinner time, kimchi and chicken soup, it tasted much more fresher than back in the city of Seoul. It was actually really delicious Taehyung thought as he ate away with Yoongi on one of the benches outside the cabin. There was a fire being set by few of the logs in the middle to warm everyone up. Jeongguk sat with some of his friends in the nearby distance.

"Jay is so nice, I'm so glad I got him to be my study buddy. He already taught me about measuring line segments and he's gonna give me some practice papers tomorrow." Yoongi explained as Taehyung stared at the glowy, luminous moon before looking back at Yoongi.

"He's teaching you maths already? We haven't even settled in the place yet." Taehyung said eyes widening. "Yeah well, he wants me to succeed." Yoongi said putting another spoonful of soup in his mouth, Taehyung sighed as he ate some more kimchi.

"Listen I know that what Jeongguk did to you in middle-school was wrong. But... just take advantage of the whole study farm thing Tae, yeah Jeongguk is a fucking idiot but he's a smart idiot." Yoongi said, Taehyung glanced at Jeongguk who was holding his knees and laughing away at something his friend said on the table.

"Let him help you with geometry, get a good grade, then you can leave that idiot behind you. I mean high school is nearly over, you could finally go to your dream fashion school in New York and you'll never have to worry about the past again." Yoongi said, Taehyung didn't seem convinced at all but he listened to his best friend anyway.

"I know I wasn't serious about the study farm thing at first, but it's been beneficial and I've only been here for thirty minutes... let it be beneficial for you too Taehyung." Yoongi said as he took sips of his water in his flask. Taehyung chuckled as he looked at him.

"Since when did you become my parent?" Taehyung thought as he finished his kimchi and placed his chin in his hand.

"You know I'll always look after you, me and Jimin will always look after you Tae." Yoongi replied, Taehyung let out a shy smile as he went over to pick up his and Yoongi's dishes. After having to wash and clean their food up with hot water buckets and soapy sponges, the students got ready for their first night at the farm.

It was going to be beyond awkward sharing a cabin room with Jeongguk, but he tried his best to listen to Yoongi's words at dinner. Although he doubt he would allow Jeongguk to help him with his studying anyway. He was too prideful when it came to Jeongguk.

After showering and brushing his teeth, Taehyung made his way into his bed. He watched Jeongguk turn the night light off before making his way to the top of his bed. It was squeaky, and no doubt Jeongguk and Taehyung were sure that bed was about to break off by how it sounded.

Taehyung was scared of the dark.

Actually scared was an understatement, he was petrified. Ever since the accident with his mother, his childhood trauma had caused him to have fears of darkness and so every time he was asleep, he would have his night-light on.

However the problem is, was that he was not alone.

So he couldn't just turn the lamp on because Jeongguk would ask why and Taehyung would have to admit he was scared of the dark. And telling his number one enemy that he was scared of the dark was the last thing he could do.

He tried to pretend he was on the phone the whole night but he was started to get really sleepy and knew he needed to go to bed. Especially because they had to wake up bright and early the next day.

"Taehyung get off your phone, the light is pissing me off." Jeongguk said in a raspy voice, realising Taehyung's phone light was still on even though it had been hours.