19 ❁ pretty voice

Taehyung realised the sudden video call on his phone, he smiled happily realising it was Jeongguk, he had already put his phone on charged as he fixed his messy hair and accepted the call.

"Hi." Taehyung said, giggling that Jeongguk was too, lying on his bed with his covers on top of him.

"Hey Tae, are you okay?" Jeongguk asked him.

"Now I am." Taehyung admitted, Jeongguk chuckled as Taehyung smiled back. "But in all honesty, I'm okay. He's downstairs so, he hasn't come into my room." Taehyung said with relief as Jeongguk nodded his head. "Alright, well m'here so you don't have to worry." Jeongguk insisted. "I know." Taehyung said shyly as he looked at Jeongguk's face on the phone, he had his lamp on so his pretty features were very much visible.

"Have you touched the journal, since I've left?" Jeongguk asked him. Taehyung instantly shook his head. "Not really, I get enough nightmares already and I don't need to pile more of them." Taehyung laughed wryly. Jeongguk nodded his head. "Good, please don't read it, you'll deal with it when you're ready to, yeah?" Jeongguk asked him. Taehyung nodded, trembling lightly at the topic. "Yeah."

"Okay well anyways besides that, I am your sleeping buddy and I'm gonna help make sure you get a good night rest." Jeongguk explained. Taehyung nodded as he moved his phone closer to his face. "I know, but it's not the same experience. I think I need you here." Taehyung confessed as Jeongguk's cheeks flushed pink.

"I know, and I'd really like to be there... but for now, FaceTime is all we have but don't worry, you'll see me tomorrow." Jeongguk assured him as Taehyung nodded, yawning a bit as he nuzzled into his pillow still facing the phone.

"Hmm, so what can we talk about until you fall asleep? Ooh, I know birthdays! As your friend I'm obliged to know your birthday date."

"It's December the 30th Gguk." Taehyung said, feeling a bit sleepy, Damn, Jeongguk really does have an effect that makes him sleepy.

"And yours is February 1st, 'cause every February Namjoon and Rose made birthday banners for you. I remember seeing one on the floor and me and Jimin stomped on it several times." Taehyung snorted at the distant memory. "You're awful." Jeongguk thought as he let out a chuckle.

"Well that was back when I hated you." Taehyung said as he smiled fondly at Jeongguk.

"Well! On a positive side we're both winter babies." Jeongguk thought.

"That's true, and I'm also your hyung." Taehyung said as he smiled tiredly.

"I guess, you want me to call you that from now on?"

"Nah makes me feel old... I still want to feel young and thriving... Still working on the thriving part." Taehyung admitted as Jeongguk chuckled.

"Got it."

"Did you tell your mom about our library trip?"

"Yeah and she believed it. But I genuinely do believe we should go to the library one day. Get some good revision done right?"

"Yeah, I suppose you could spare me some of your intelligence. Ooh, we should make a list of things to do together." Taehyung decided, Jeongguk noticed that the older's eyes were now closed as he spoke to him.

"If that's the case you know going to the library is on the bottom of that list right?

"True... oh yeah, do you think you can still make it to the memorial with me? It starts at 10:30am and finishes 11, we can go straight back to school after." Taehyung rambled on as Jeongguk listened to the boy.

"Yep that's fine. I'll ask my mom if I'm free to go in the morning, she'll definitely say yes." Jeongguk insisted as Taehyung looked at him tiredly and gave a smile.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it." Taehyung yawned as he closed his eyes again.

"It sounds like someone's getting sleepy." Jeongguk thought, his doe-eyes on his phone as he watched Taehyung nearly dose off. "You have a nice voice Gguk." Taehyung thought absent minded. "Really? I'd never of thought that."

"Really?" Taehyung wondered, yawning again.

"Your... voice... is so... pretty."

"Seriously?" Jeongguk's eyes widened, however, no response came out of Taehyung's mouth. He was fast asleep. Jeongguk watched him, his eyes closed showing his bed of lashes, mouth ever so slightly parted as his cheek was squished against his pillowcase. Jeongguk smiled lightly to himself.

"Night Tae."

[next chapter: 1295 words]

also i'm aware that jungkook's birthday is september 1 not february, but in order for taehyung to be older and in the same senior year as jungkook, i had to change his bday date🤍