14 ❁ leaflets

Jeongguk parked the car next to the entry as he turned off the engine and looked at Taehyung. "Don't worry, we are going to the shopping mall as well, but before we go, you need to go to the doctor about your stomach—"

"Jeongguk, I told you already it's not a big deal—"

"Taehyung you're in pain. You hold your stomach every ten minutes. If it's not bad, why won't you let me see it?" Jeongguk asked him with doe eyes as Taehyung looked away, his glossy eyes looking through the window. "Okay, it's bad..." Taehyung said in a tiny voice, Jeongguk sighed as he looked at him sympathetically.

"He's done this to me before, and usually it's fine but Friday he just got a bit too out of hand—"

"Taehyung it's not fine, your dad abusing you is never fine, okay? Ever. Listen you don't have to tell the doctor what your fathers doing if you really don't want to, but please, just get your stomach checked out. Okay?" Jeongguk said softly to the older.

"I don't want to." Taehyung gulped.

"Taehyung please... I'll come with you, yeah?"

And so the older sighed, nodding his head as they made their way out of the car.

Jeongguk went up with him to the reception for Taehyung to get checked, luckily it was quiet so he didn't have to wait to see a doctor. He waited in the patient room, swinging his legs with boredom as he twiddled his thumbs away on his phone.

It took at least thirty minutes for Taehyung to come back, and Jeongguk couldn't deny that waiting around in the patient room was not fun, alternating from Instagram and unfinished Netflix series.

"Hey." Jeongguk said as he saw Taehyung come back after speaking to the doctor once more. "Hi." Taehyung said as his cheeks tinted a light shade of pink. They made their way back into Jeongguk's car.

"I don't think my doctor believed my professional boxer story." Taehyung snorted softly as his thumbs trembled, he held a domestic abuse leaflet in his hand as Jeongguk glanced at it before looking in Taehyung's eyes.

"They gave me an x-ray, luckily my dad hasn't crushed my organs. But he gave me antibiotics for the pain, he said it should ease by tomorrow." Taehyung chattered as he put his seatbelt on. Jeongguk nodded his head as he gave a smile.

"That's good. And maybe you could keep the leaflet, give it a read, you don't have to but it's good to know that there are people out there that want to help you." Jeongguk said softly to Taehyung as Taehyung nodded his head. Thank you Jeongguk, but I can't be helped. It's far too late.

"I appreciate you doing this for me Jeongguk. You really didn't have to, and you did. So thank you a lot." Taehyung said shyly, his eyes a little watery as he watched Jeongguk reverse from the parking lot. "It's no worry Taehyung. Now, shopping mall?" Jeongguk thought as he they made it back onto the main road. "Shopping mall." Taehyung said happily, as he glanced at Jeongguk's soft features one more time.

<3

They made their way into the shopping mall. It was actually Taehyung's favourite mall and he'd usually go there with Jimin and Yoongi during the weekends. The mall has numerous stores and food places, even bowling and arcades. Every floor had fountains and tall palm trees to give it that 'California' feel.