21 ❁ jeongguk land

Jeongguk volunteered to drive them to the headquarters that Taehyung's mother used to work at. It did save much more time than getting a bus at least.

When they arrived in the building a woman who worked at the centre, had her child guide them to the designated area that the memorial took place in.

"Just this way sirs." She girl said in the tiniest, sweetest voice ever. Both Taehyung and Jeongguk smiled at each other because of her little voice. Jeongguk didn't think anyone could be more adorable than Taehyung until he was proven wrong.

The room in which she guided them, to was completely filled with beautiful colourful flowers and candles.

They almost resembled the office into a church, and the set up was beyond heavenly, and very planned out.

There was were a lot of people there than Taehyung had expected, including his mother's friends and colleagues. It was nice to know that so many people cared and respected his mother.

They were very warm-hearted and smothered Taehyung with hugs and kisses; telling him memorable stories about his mother, that he really enjoyed listening to.

The memorial did make the older extremely upset although he tried to shrug his sadness off. But of course Jeongguk could tell just by looking at him, that he wanted to burst into tears.

However, Jeongguk just watched the him gulp his sorrows away and crease forced smiles to the guests. There were rare pictures of his mother that he hadn't seen before, it just broke his heart. He'd wished he could go back these moments and just run into her arms. And mark the love he truly had for her.

They did a small prayer and a beautiful choir of girls sang some hymns as everyone began to sing along. It sounded so sweet and warming that Taehyung quickly gulped the heavy lump weighing in his throat.

They offered light refreshment once the ceremony was over, Jeongguk nibbled on a chocolate chip cookie as they went over to a peaceful balcony, looking at the view of Seoul in front of them.

"That ceremony was really nice Tae, your mom was so beautiful, I see where you get your good looks from." He smiled softly to him, trying to break the silence and also make him feel better.

But Taehyung just tried to form a smile as he nodded his head. He began to fiddle with his hands not looking at the view in front of him anymore. His hands captured all his attention instead.

"Hey." The younger said to him gently, his voice was filled with sweetness and compassion, although Taehyung just carried on staring at his fiddled fingers.

"Look at me Taehyung." Jeongguk said in his soft tone, the older slowly peered his dewy, brown eyes into Jeongguk's.

"I know you're upset and it's okay to be. It's okay to feel hurt and angry by everything that happened Taehyung. It doesn't make you any less human." The younger assured him.

Taehyung poked his tongue on the side of his cheek to hold the urge to cry. But his eyes were already watering. They spilled like a river, flowing down his cheeks. The younger pulled him aside to an even more reserved area of the balcony.

"It's okay." Jeongguk hummed, deciding to hold him in his arms as Taehyung now bursted into more tears, hiccuping away.

The younger placed his soft fingers on the back of Taehyung's nape, doing circular motions to soothe him.