{ c h a p t e r t w e n t y n i n e - t h e s u r p r i s e t r i p }

Chapter Twenty Nine

-Kylie Smith-

It had been 4 days since the agonizing cheer leading try out.

I think I have a pretty slim chance if making it. Almost everyone who tried out were popular and a gymnast. My performance was nothing comparing to them. I almost broke my legs when we did the splits! And my pants.

Wait, never mind. I was wearing yoga pants.

If I don't make it, which I'm sure I won't, then I'll still carry on with the plan. I will still do my New Year's resolutions to bring Erin down no matter what. If I don't enter the cheer leading squad, I'll just have to think of other ways to boost my popularity.

What the heck? How can I forget about it?

I'm in girls' soccer!

I don't need to be in a cheer leading squad! I'm in a soccer team!

Another way to become more popular in my school is to be super athletic and pretty at the same time.

Maybe I can pull it off? As long as I have the list as a guide, I think I can do it.

That's right.

I can be pretty and athletic.

Notice the word can. Let's see if I can really act all seductive and flirt without punching any guys in the face.

The thing is, I've already ditched two soccer practices because my thighs were still bruised and sore from the bathroom incident. But now, I've completely recovered so I should be able to continue.

Anyways, for the past days, I've been just staying home, watching Disney movies and sleeping till 5 at night. I am so bored. Brooke and her family spends the whole winter break in Hawaii! I've always wanted to spend Christmas in Hawaii! She better brings me some Macadamia nuts when she comes back.

The letter that fell out of Cole's car was hidden in the drawer where I kept the drawing of me.

The memory remained fresh on my mind. We were babysitting Eliot and he asked Cole to draw me. Challenging him, he drew me and holy freak, the illustration was breathtaking. I didn't know that Cole was artistic!

I nearly ripped it open and read it. It was so tempting that's why I have to put it away. I will return it to him as soon as I see him, I promise. But that's the thing. I don't see him around very much anymore, these past few days. His room had been dark lately, showing no presence of him. Where could he be?

It sucks to like someone but know that they still love their past one. It kind of broke me inside when I saw Erin's name scribbled on the envelope. The last Smith-Anderson dinner that happened, I skipped dinner and stayed upstairs till the Anderson goes home. I pretended to study for some English test but I was in my room listening to music. Cole really had pissed me off that time. He was making fun of me for being such a virgin. Well I'm sorry if I don't spread my legs to anyone and has self respect. I'm sorry if I'm not like Erin.

Up to now, I still have a hard time believing that I, Kylie Smith, could fall for a Shrek like Cole Anderson. I made a vow back then in freshman that I would rather die than kiss Cole even if my life depends on it. Now, I'm a part of a Cole-Anderson obsession club, I thought sourly. Out of all people that I can like, why do I start liking Cole after we broke up? It's not fair.

Feelings, why you gotta do this to me?

One night, when we were having a dinner, Mom and Dad told us to pack our bags because we're going in vacation!