{ c h a p t e r n i n e - t h e o f f i c i a l s c h e m e }

Chapter 9

Dedicated to lovemetohell :D

-Cole's POV-

"What?" Aaron exclaimed in astonishment. "Cole, no. You can't possibly be serious. That is insanely insane!"

"No, it's perfect, Aaron! What are you talking about?" I raised an eyebrow. Seriously? I expected him to grin at me and compliment how brilliant and clever my plan is. Why does he think this way instead?

"This is a serious matter! Someone will get hurt in that plan, Cole. Feelings will be involved. You might get hurt." he shook his head disprovingly.

"Relax, I won't get hurt. Really? This is my plan and I sure as hell won't fall in to my own trap."

"You don't know that. This idea is clever but are you sure you wanna go that far?" he sipped his Martini. "Are you willing to hurt other people just so you get what you want?"

Now, that question took me back. Am I this person? Am I really gonna use someone just so I can get something back? Is that person really worth it that I'd have to possibly hurt other people? Is this worth it?

It is worth it.

"I'm assuring you no one will get hurt. It's just Kylie, dude. She's basically like one of the boys." I said in a matter of fact tone. "And she hates me. Well, she said she strongly dislikes me but what's the difference anyways? She told me straight up that she doesn't like me. For Kylie to fall in love with me is the day that dinosaurs will come back to life." That girl really hates my guts. "So there's no way she would 'fall for me' or whatever nonsense you're stating." I sighed irratably. Seriously, Hayes?

"I'm just listing some possible outcomes and results of that stupid plan!" he defended. "Think about it, what if she ends up falling in love with you while you're there pretending to like her just so you get Erin back? She might get hurt, Cole. I know I never say anything when you break girls' hearts, that's because you sleep and dump, no feelings involved really. No strings attached. But you see my friend, in this situation, you're betting real, hard emotions and feelings. I'm just warning you."

"Okay, how about this," I started, "If I still didn't get Erin a week before our senior prom, that's when I'll stop trying and using Kylie and blah blah move on?"

"Hmm," he caressed his chin. "Not bad, but somewhat better."

I sighed. "And I'm telling you that no one's gonna get hurt in this, Aaron." I calmly told him. "I'm going, okay? I'm tired." I stood up and put my jacket on.

"Alright." he nodded. "Wait, how many drinks did you take?"

"Just one because I need to drive, Daddy." I rolled my eyes at my friend. But I'm very thankful that he's my friend. No matter what, he will always be there for me no matter how fuck up I am. The same thing goes to him.

"Shut up." he threw a napkin in my direction. "Good luck with the plan. It should sound easy, I mean after all, you're nextdoor neighbors."

Now that he mentioned it, that's true! I'll be seeing her today. This should be fun. Let the plan start.

***

It's been over two hours that school has ended and still, there was still no sign of Kylie in her window. Where is she? Maybe she was at the journalism club after school? Or maybe soccer practice?

"What is this that you've slept with my cousin that I've heard?" Erin bellowed, pushing my chest off.

"Woah there." I held my hand up. We were in the middle of the school parking lot. I'm planning to go and meet my bestfriend, Aaron and just forget about all the drama and school for now when I got held back by no other than my ex girlfriend.