{ c h a p t e r e l e v e n - t h e c h a n c e }

Chapter Eleven 

UNEDITED

-Kylie Smith- 

I was extremely worried that somebody witnessed what happened in the bathroom and reported it. I don't want any adults to be part of it! I was already considering of trying out in the cheerleading squad and overthrow Erin's popularity; not like this. I wanna show her that I'm not some weakling who couldn't defend herself and turns to adults when I'm faced in that kind of situation, I want to make her feel helpless; crush her. 

But, what awaited me in the pricipal's house is an anxious expression and told me to just follow him along. I started getting confused when we stopped near the football field, to the gym storage room(a separate building) that kept all our equipments and balls until I heard a voice.

"I will jump off this roof!" Cole yelled, stepping closer. His feet is half way through the roof and anytime soon, he will fall. What is going on?! Cole, what on Earth are you doing.

"He's been screaming for your name for the past 15 minutes! I think he's drunk!" Principal Morrison explained with concern clouding in his expression. "He's been shouting, 'I want Kylie you fucking bastards!' excuse me for the language." he cleared his throat. I would've laughed if it weren't for this situation.

I looked up above and squinted my eye. You stupid idiot, my mind screamed. 

His eyes looked raw and red; his hair crazy messy and all over the place, as if he never bothered to comb it for the last few days; his face looked weary and yeah, definitely drunk. 

"Cole!" I shouted to signal him I'm right here witnessing everything. He snapped out of his gaze and his eyes met mine.

"Kylie?" he slurred.

"What the heck are you doing!" I was gonna curse if Principal Morrison isn't here although I don't even think he'd even bother to correct my language and scold me because of the bad timing. He stepped closer. One more centimeter and he could fall and...

"I'm not gonna come down unless you say yes, Kylie." he expanded his arms as if he's preparing to jump. 

"No!" I screeched as my heart thumped louder and faster. "Cole, please come down!" I begged him. 

"What is he talking about, Ms. Smith? Does this havae anything to do with you?" Principal Morrison intersected with an exasperated face. "What's going on? Care to tell me?" 

"S-So y-you see-" I stammered, not knowing how and where to begin. I feel really awkward and uncomfortable right now and I just wish the ground would open up and swallow me. Oh, nothing you know, just saw my bruises and he came over to my room and asked me to be his girlfriend. 

"I asked her to be my girlfriend goddammit and she just pushed me away!" Cole breathed heavily. I mentally thanked him because what I was going to say would probably sound confusing and I would stutter and he would barely understand me. 

Instead of an angry scowl that I was expecting or a "That's still no reason to act this way, Mr. Anderson. This is purely idiotic' blah blah blah ranting, his expression softened and his eyes brimmed with amusement. "Huh?" he looked over at me. 

I can feel my cheeks growing hotter and redder. "Y-Yeah..." I muttered not knowing what to say. 

"What are you waiting for!" he exclaimed happily. My mouth agaped. What does he mean? "He clearly has feelings for you! I've never seen a man loved a woman this much. He would jump off a roof for you and you shouldn't take that for granted. Give him a chance."