{ c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n - t h e o l d f r i e n d }

Chapter Seventeen

-Cole Anderson-

"Exactly why I didn't wanna go to this party," Kylie gulped as her innocent eyes scanned around the room.

For me, this is just normal. But for someone as innocent and isolated from social as her, she might not take it well.

Grinding bodies, loud and noisy music, people making out, girls almost naked, alcohol...yep, definitely something not Kylie Smith would approve of.

Tonight, I am really glad at her outfit choice. She's the only girl tonight that's not wearing a mini skirt and a tanktop. For some reason, I don't want any guys' eyes on her. Her naive and innocence almost makes me wanna protect her. I don't know why I feel that way.

But, I only brought her to this party tonight because my sorry ex will be here for sure. I wanna show her that I've finally moved on and that it's her loss for breaking up with me.

I looked at the girl next to me. Her eyes were wide with surprise and. fear and I almost wanna laugh. Oh Kylie.

"I'll be right back yeah? I'll just go and find Aaron," I told her as my eyes examined the crowd. Hmm where did that ass go? The obvious answer would be he's probably upstairs screwing a girl or whatsoever.

"Sure, go find him," she replied. But I didn't wanna leave her especially in a place like that. What if a drunken dude suddenly came up to her and took advantage of her while I was gone?

Look who's talking about taking advantage. wait who's using her again to get Erin back? That's right! That's you, Mr. Cole! my mind screamed sarcastically.

"I don't wanna leave you," I looked into her eyes. Guilt started to swarm me. I took her first date and I took her on a park. A fucking park. Even though this was all just pretending to me, the least I could do was to take her out on a romantic first date with candlelights and fancy restaurant but instead, I took her in a park.

The park where I first fell in love with Erin.

I didn't know what came over me. I saw another opportunity to make Erin jealous by announcing our relationship to Lucy, one of Erin's bestfriends. I didn't even know what I was saying. The words came out before I could even know what I was saying.

And then I took her to the park where I fell in love with Erin.

But then I really wanted to prove it to her that I can be nice. I didn't want Kylie to  see me as a bad guy forever. We might be 'dating' but I don't think I've changed in her eyes. Something inside me doesn't like that idea.

Fearing that I disappointed her, to my surprise, she changed that. She turned my sadness upside down. She found a way to save the date. Who knew that there's a girl who would rather have her first date lomgboarding in a park and stopping by at McDonald's instead? Erin would probably throw a fit if we went out on a date like that.

Why are you even comparing them?

"Cole?"

"Um yeah?" I snapped out of my daydreams.

"I said I'll be fine. I'll be standing right here and I'll wait for you, yeah?" she assured me with a tiny smile. My stomach knot because she rarely even smiles at me. It feels nice to see her smile at me every once in a while. All the guilt goes away and I get lost.

"Okay, wait for me right here and do not go anywhere with anyone especially if it's a guy," I grasped her arm and said in a firm voice.

"Puh-lease do you really have to tell me that? Do you not know me after 17 years, Cole? You know me better than that," she rolled her eyes irritatedly.