{ c h a p t e r t h i r t y s i x - t h e c o m f o r t }

Chapter Thirty Six

-Kylie Smith-

"I knew it! I knew that that boy was up to something! I should've told you, Ky! I should've warned you and you wouldn't be hurt like this! God, this was all my fault! I'll never be able to forgive myself..." Brooke rambled on and on as she paces back and forth.

"Brooke!" I called out. "Stop walking around, you're making me really dizzy," I mumbled, rubbing my temples.

"I'm so sorry, Kylie," Brooke headed towards me and wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm fine!" I answered for probably the fifth time. "Really, it's alright."

The last thing I want right now is Aaron and Brooke's sympathy. I already let my walls down after spending years making sure it won't break.

"It's not okay! When he gets back, I'm going to jump off the window and strangle his pretty little neck!" Brooke threw his hands up in the air and made a choking motion. "And as for Erin, how can she almost have sex with Cole?! Didn't she break up with him?! That girl needs a taste of her own medicine," she cracked her knuckles with a furious look.

"I never understood what Al and Cole saw in her. She was a total bitch and the biggest diva you'll ever meet," Aaron intersected.

"I honestly thought Cole was better than that," Brooke sat down next to him. We were all sitting in my bed Indian-styled. After what happened, Aaron immediately took me home.

As usual, the house is empty again. Mom is a housewife but lately, she's been gone the whole day until Paul comes home from middle school. I get off a couple hours earlier than him.

"Both of my friends friendship were damaged, thanks to that bitch," Aaron folded his arms on his chest.

"Hey Ky, don't you have to tutor Alejandro today?" Brooke piped in. "Yeah, I can never understand what guys see in her..."

How can I forget!

"Shoot," I facepalmed myself.

After the break, I accepted Alejandro's offer. I'm almost 18 and I still don't have a car. I'm probably the only one in school who doesn't have a car!

I need money to buy me a car. Even if it's second handed as long as the condition is perfectly intact.

I didn't tell Cole though because I know that he would simply just get irritated at the mentioned of his name.

I've always wondered how they met, what their past it, and why they hate each other so much.

Now, I know why.

Cole saw(and still sees) Alejandro as a threat to him and Erin.

They both loved her.

So, they both used me.

I'm not even sure if Alejandro does need a real tutor or he's only trying to get back to Cole.

If he thought that Cole cares about me, well he's wrong. He just wasted his money and time on me. I mean, isn't that the whole point of him trying to get close to me?

"Everything that ever happened was all a big, fat lie. Nothing was real. Everyone was just acting to get what they want even if it means betraying and hurting me," I didn't expect my thoughts to come out of my mouth.

Aaron and Brooke's voice died down and traded glances back and forth to each other.

Taking advantage of the silence, I proceeded. " 'Kylie Liam Smith, a Viking High School's valedictorian, tricked by a cunning, sly player who did nothing but to break girls 'hearts'," I quoted in a male-like voice. "A perfect 4.0 GPA student, devastated over a stupid guy..." I couldn't help it; again and unexpected, tears just started to pour out of my eyes unexpectedly.