{ c h a p t e r t h i r t y - t h e A n d e r s o n 's f o r e s t }

Chapter's Theme Song: Everybody Lies- Jason Walker

Chapter Thirty

-Cole Anderson-

"What?!"

Here we go again with Mom meddling between Kylie and I. My parents just told me seconds ago to pack up tonight because tomorrow, we'll be driving almost 4 hours to our old family cabins-woods. The plan was that we'll be spending the rest of our winter break(including Christmas and New Year) into the Anderson woods. I was very excited about it till they mentioned that they invited the Smith's!

Two weeks with Kylie around? No way, or hell would break loose.

Now that we broke up, things would go back the way they used to be. Scowls, rude comments, and a lot of taunting will be included.

Except for one small thing; I think I might be attracted to her.

I mean, she's so pretty with her light brown hair twisted up in an effortless, messy bun while bits of her hair falls down on either side of her ear. And then there's her clear, blue eyes and her pearly, white teeth-

Shit, now it sounds like I like her.

No way. Not gonna ever fucking happen.

I thought that I did like her because of how I reacted with Brad and Alejandro, but I realized that it wasn't jealousy at all. Maybe it was just all the mixed up emotions I've been feeling when she broke up with me. This is kind of the second time I got dumped and I guess it reminded me of when Erin broke up with me. Yeah, that's why.

Also, I hate Alejandro, so that also explains it.

And you know what? If she wants to tutor him, become close friends with him, falls in love, gets married, ends up fucking in the future-

A combination of Kylie and Alejandro? Imagine the horror. Imagine what their kids would turn out to be. I shivered at my unpleasant thoughts.

"And you guys never mentioned it to me?" I crossed my arms angrily. "It's my birthday, I get to choose who I can and cannot invite!"

This birthday, I wanted to throw a cool party. Rent out a place around here, pay a professional DJ, buy alcohol and beers(though Mom and Dad would never allow that), invite hot girls, invite everyone! It'd be one heck of a night.

But all those plannings went down the toilet because of my Mom who insists on fixing things between Kylie and I. It was such a mistake that I told her about it, now she's playing like some kind of a Cupid no matter how much I try to convince her that it was all stupid plan and it's over because I listened to her for once and I didn't wanna hurt someone innocent because of me.

Moms.

"I thought you'd be happy with it," Mom said, sadly and again, I started feeling guilty.

"Dwad, what iws a fowest?" Eliot butted in.
"You'll see tomorrow, bud," Dad beamed at my curious little brother.

"I'm sorry, Mom, but next time, please let me make my own decision. In a few days, I will be eighteen. Please treat me like one," I sighed while I stood up and walked away from the living room. I headed straight to my room. I can't just tell her to uninvited the Smith's, that'd be very rude. They didn't know about it either.

Once I got there, I closed the door and opened my closet right away. We've got no time, we're leaving tomorrow afternoon, and it' s only 9:00, I'll have plenty of time to pack.

A muffled scream interrupted my work, coming from Kylie's window. Immediately, I dropped the new-folded clothes that I was about to put in my luggage and yanked my curtains and window open to find out what's wrong.