{ c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n - t h e c l e v e r g u e s s }

Chapter Nineteen

-Cole Anderson-

What the heck! I only left for a couple minutes and the next thing I know, she was already flirting with someone! What's even worse is that, that guy is my ex friend.

Before you flip and say I'm jealous, I'm not. I'm honestly not jealous. I don't feel anything but anger, not because I'm jealous (I'll repeat that again) but because out of all people that Al could've hit on, why does it have to be her?

Is he really still upset about what happened two years ago that he'll keep on taking away what I have?

Using her or not, I hate the idea of someone taking away that I have first. Once I have something, I'll hold on to it. I won't let go.

I sound hypocrite because I was looking for Erin and she had no idea about it and now, I'm getting so mad that she was talking to Alejandro.

I wouldn't care if it was any guy who tried to flirt with her, I won't even care. But this is Alejandro that we're talking about.

He is cunning, vicious, sneaky, and impish and he will do anything to seek revenge on me. To destroy me.

From the second I saw his face I knew it spelt trouble. I read his mind and it was that to take Kylie away from me.

But I'm not in love with her.

Still, I have this urge to protect her. She may be the most annoying person I've ever encountered with but the thought of her getting hurt is painful for me to think.

Hell I'm never gonna let Al get his hands on her!

I tightened my grip around her as Alejandro's eyes roam around us in amusement. I tried my best not to grit my teeth and snap his neck.

If he thinks this is called "asking for forgiveness", no I will not fall for it. I know him better than that.

And he had the audacity to try to hit on her right in front of me?

I glanced at her and her cheeks were flushed and annoyance and vex filled in me. I'm her boyfriend and I've never seen her blush over me.

Now, we're standing in the corner of the living room with my hand grasping her lower arm. A few people are starting to stop and stare as Kylie pleas to stop attracting attention. But I'm way to upset to listen.

"You've known him all along and you never told me about it?" I pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"This was the second time I've even seen him, Cole, so please calm down," she snapped with baffled and confusion in her tone. "I didn't know it was this important to you. So what if I knew Alejandro? What's wrong with that? Can't I be friends with other guys too?"

I don't fucking care who you be friends with or falls for, Kylie. Please just anyone but that dickhead...

"I'm not prohibiting you to talk to guys, Kylie! I just wanna make myself clear that I don't want you talking to that guy!" I raised my voice. Her pupils expanded in fear and stepped back.

"Why, Cole? God, if this is about the football thing going on, I'm gonna lose it-"

"No, Kylie!" I yelled so loud that some people are starting to notice and we're making a scene. I don't fucking care. "Goddammit, I don't want you to fall for him okay!"