{ c h a p t e r f o r t y o n e - t h e d a n c e }

Chapter's Theme Song: Over You by Ingrid Michaelson

Chapter Forty One

-Kylie Smith-

"She just left as soon as she saw you with me," I smiled proudly to myself as I whisper the words on to Alejandro's ear.

"Keep it up. It's working," he slid his arms around my waist and pretended to look at me with adoration. We both know that's not the case.

Everything is just for the show.

I discreetly stole a look of Cole, who looked away as soon as I glanced his direction. My tummy never fails to make backflips whenever I see him.

It's not...Ugh... I-It's not fair! How can he look so...so...so perfect?!

I keep on telling myself that he's not good for me. I keep reminding myself of what he had done to me. I even keep a list of all the reasons why I shouldn't feel this way around him, after everything he put me through.

But I can't help it.

How can he stand there casually, and look so perfect at the same time?

I studied him for a while. I noticed how stiffened and clenched his jaw is and how his hand is formed into a tight fist that looks ready to punch if you make one wrong move.

I bet it's because of Erin. Maybe he's upset because he feels threatened by Alejandro and Erin together on the same room. Of course, Kylie, that's it. He doesn't care about you.

After all, you made an agreement with Alejandro.

"Did you see her face?" I snickered. "She looks like she was about to barf. Literally."

"Really?" Alejandro's eyes twinkled with both satisfaction and worry at the same time.

If Erin wasn't such a bitch, I would ship her with Alejandro.

As if I was reading his mind, I said, "If you want. You should go and talk to her about it. Like what I just said, she looked like she saw a ghost. This is the perfect time to straighten things up with her. If I were you, I'd go after her," I encouraged.

He examined my face to detect any sign of sarcasm. His face softened when he realized I was being serious.

"Are...you sure?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yes, one hundred percent sure," I confronted. "Yes, I'm not exactly find of my dearest cousin, but you should find out what's wrong. Deep, deep inside, I know you still love her, Alee."
"But I don't want to be an asshole and leave you alone with him," he gestured at Cole's direction.

"And I'm telking you that I'll be fine. C'mon, we're in a public event. He wouldn't dare to create a scene," I pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. "And besides, I'm insisting you. You didn't ask if you could talk to her, because I'm pushing you to. Go," I gave him a gentle shove. "Go!" I pushed him harder.

"Okay, okay," he laughed, surrendering. "You're the best, Kylie," he enveloped his arms around me briefly.

"I know," I hugged him back.

"I'll be right back, I promise," he called out as he disappeared into the chaotic crowd.

I sighed. Now what do I do?