iii

Solitary'

Present Day, 2019

THE COLD WET RAIN latched onto boys only clothes that he had on him as he pushed his way through the large crowds of people on the streets.

Thoughts upon thoughts were racing through his mind like a rollercoaster.

He didn't know what or who to believe as thought back to what he had heard the women he knew as his grandmother say about him.

Flashback

Small hands traced the elegant designed railing as the little boy descended down the long staircase, while running his fingers through the woven vines that had overtime grown throughout the whole house.

Upon reaching the final step, he heard his grandmother, Cora, in her study, but surprisingly she wasn't alone, as he heard another voice that didn't belong to his grandmother.

Being the curious child he is, he pressed his ear against the door listening as best as he could.

He didn't think there was anything suspicious happening, even though his grandmother wasn't the one to have guests over commonly, he was just being a kid. A nosy and sneaky one at that.

Listening closely, he began to grow impatient as nothing that peaked his interest was being said.

He frowned internally about to just head to the library to start his studies for the day, because lord knows, if his grandmother knew of his current whereabouts and actions, he would suffer consequences that he didn't even want to begin thinking about.

Just as he was about to go his way, something caught his attention.

"Noren, how is his..well how do I put this.. skills in magic and his other two... skills?"

The voice that wasn't his grandmother spoke carefully, yet also wearily like whoever it was were afraid to ask about the boy that was just right outside of the door listening to every single word being said, little to their knowledge of course.

The voice was deep, had a thick British accent.

It reminded him of Severus Snape from the Harry Potter movies he watched as a child, but that was besides the point.

He continued to listen in on the conversation, till he was hit with struck of confusion when his grandmother said, "Don't beat around the bush, the boy is strong just as expected, considering he is a Mikaelson and added, three supernatural beings put into one abomination of nature."

The word stung like venom.

But that wasn't all, no. It continued to get worse.

"The boy should be ready by sixteen, and by then I should have met him till then, prep him to be skilled and powerful enough to keep those dogs and bloodsuckers in check."

The voice boomed through his ears.

Noren barley understood half of what the voice meant, his eyes furrowed in utter confusion as he was only a child.

But still, he wasn't an that dumb.

From what he could gather from everything being said, it definitely wasn't good.

The sound of footsteps coming towards him shook him out of his thoughts before running as quick and quietly as he could to his bedroom, right before slamming the wooden door shut.

Leaping on his bed, the thoughts of his studies were no where near his mind, only the words of the mystery man and his grandmother's replaying like a broken record in his head.

It was like those instances when someone says something, and you never take in fully what they say in the moment, until your alone. Then, their words replay in your head, over and over, and over again, until, finally . You realize and connect the dots of what they meant.

That's what it was for Noren.

He wasn't quite sure if he was right, but he wanted to tell himself he wasn't naive, but then again, he is only seven years old.

                                  ☽ꕥ☾

a/n
*TW - LONG ASS AUTHORS NOTE*

Ok this chapter sucks and I'm gonna have to go more in depth about what's leading up to present tense for him.

And I'm gonna have to do one more flashbacks next chapter that's continued to this one but it won't be that long as I'm almost done.

Anyways, I genuinely hope you guys understand the plot and everything and the reasoning as why everything that happened, happened. Even though nothing has seriously yet happened....

Also, before you go PLEASE READ THIS: Alora, the "surrogate" will be possibly be mentioned again but her back story with Noren will not, or it will I'm not sure yet. So I give a brief run down on it, before you guys become confused as to why she's not in it. Basically she wanted nothing to do with him and ran away doing a cloaking spell on herself. She knows why her mother wants him but wanted to leave as she was still young and wanted to live life, not be held down with a kid.

Since then, she hasn't been heard from, and Noren was made to believe that his "mother" died during child birth, but would still occasionally write to her as the boy has terrible mommy issues lol.

But moving on I hope you guys enjoyed please leave suggestions and comments.

Thank you all again for reading. <3

-A