xviii

Blood and Water'

IT WAS THE DAY AFTER THE FINAL faceoff between Marcel and the Mikaelsons and Marcel felt nothing but utter emptiness to say the least.

As he forced himself out of his bed he walked towards the bathroom before completely stripping himself of his clothing and turning the tap on as he stepped into the shower. Feeling the tiny warm pilets hitting his body, he let his right arm rest on the bathroom wall before unknowingly let out a small sob that was quickly washed away into the drain along with with the water that was falling from above.

His let his mind resurface to the memories of yesterday and refused to believe they won again.

They had taken everything from him.

Everything he built.

They took Davina away.

From the minute Klaus and his family returned to New Orleans over five years ago, it felt like his world had completely shifted in the worst way possible.

Loss after loss followed the Mikaelson clan and as a result followed himself as well.

They were cursed, he was cursed.

His mind fell on the thought of the newly discovered Mikaelson member that was most likely still asleep in the other room and he couldn't help but feel pity for the boy.

Marcel was going to mention him when he faced the family in the woods, however he decided against it as the topic of conversation didn't exactly fit the moment. And maybe a slight part of him believed they didn't deserve him, because they will only corrupt him, just like they did to him.

He recalled looking into Freya's eyes as they walked away from him in the final moment and he could tell she wanted to say something.

It was better this way, he thought.

Even if he had told them about Noren, they wouldn't believe him. They would think it is another sort of twisted plan devised by himself to take the Mikaelsons down once again. And even then, if they did some how choose to take his word, Noren would probably end up dead, Marcel thought to himself.

He was better off without them, he thought. But deep down he knew that wasn't an answer.

As time finally hit Marcel, he quickly turned off the tap and got out of the shower before getting changed and brushing his teeth and making his way downstairs into an empty compound which was odd.

He looked around at the bleak scenery in front of him and looked up at the railing where Norens bedroom door was to see if he could hear anything.

But he couldn't. There was a deafening silence that overtook the compound and he didn't waste another second speeding up the stairs towards Noren's door.