xx

Mother'

THEY SAT IN DEAFENING silence and the longer it lasted the more frustrated she became. The only sounds that could be heard in the large house was the consistent tapping of Alora's foot repeatedly hitting the hardwood floors, growing angrier.

"Will you stop that!" Cornelius exasperated in annoyance, flinging up her hand as she sat her tea down back in front of her after taking a large gulp.

"How could you?!" Alora seethed, her diamond-like eyes burning holes into her mothers forehead.

"No, I will not take this. Do you understand me?!" Cora immediately dismissed whatever Alora was getting at.

"No, you listen to me. You were his legal guardian and you mean to tell me he just upped and ran away with no cause?!"

The younger witch seethed as she pushed herself off the chair angrily, causing the table to shake and in return spilling tea. She began taking long strides along the kitchen not even noticing the clear anxiety that was creeping in as she started biting her nails thinking about Noren's wellbeing in that very moment.

It didn't matter to her. It shouldn't matter to her. But why did it?

She's the one who left. She's the who convinced herself she had more waiting for her beyond those gates outside. He was not hers and never will be.

She wasn't ready to have a child because she too was a child. But over the years she still couldn't help but feel guilty. Sure she didn't carry him for those ten months but she birthed him and in some way, he was apart of her.

"Oh please, why are you pretending to care now? You left. Besides I will find him. You will help me find him." Cora brushed off Alora's incessant concerns.

Alora has always been this way. Dramatic. Cora thought.

That among other things, were one of the reasons they didn't quite get along.

"Oh really?!"

"Just like you found me all those years? I had to contact you. Not the other way around." Alora spit.

However Cora didn't let that effect her, instead she rolled her eyes and brushed it off while taking another sip from her tea.

"What makes you think I didn't know where you were? And that I just didn't bother to call." Cora stated casually, but she didn't stop there, she continued.

"What makes you think that I, your mother. Cornelius Clover Grey. One of the most powerful witches of the Nasca coven, didn't know exactly where her children were at all times... Now what kind of mother would I be?" Cora finally finished with a slight smirk beneath her harsh red lipstick.