xv

The Family Curse'

NOT LONG AFTER NOREN had hesitantly introduced himself to the enhanced vampire, Jax cut into their small interaction to get to Marcel. Just before speaking, he cleared his voice before trying his best to spit out his words.

"Can I uh- can I speak to you.. in private, Marcel."

Marcel diverted his vision to the vampire who was towering over him as he was kneeling to speak to the boy, before nodding his head with an emotionless expression plastered on his face. Standing up he whispered to Josh, telling him to show Noren around while he and Jax spoke.

Making his way over, Marcel swung his arm over Jax's shoulder leading the way to a private area in the compound.

The vampire hesitantly followed while giving small glimpses behind him to Noren reassuring his safety who watched as the only person he knew in this city being dragged off somewhere while he was being left behind with some prude.

Rolling his eyes, before Josh could muster up a sentence the boy was already pushing past him to wander off somewhere.

"Hey!" Josh exclaimed. To say Josh's hands were full within their time spent was a pleasant way to word it.

♉︎♉︎♉︎

Shutting the door behind them, Marcel sat down while releasing a puff of air. He could sense the nerves of the vampire who stood awkwardly just patting his hands on his legs like a toddler.

Marcel cleared his workspace before motioning the seat in front of him for Jax to sit.

"So what is it that was so urgent that you needed to rough up one of my guys?"  Marcel started in an almost passive aggressive tone.

Jax cleared his throat for what felt like the hundredth time today, he was certain by the end of the night his throat was going to be scarred greatly.

His mouth felt dry but he went for it anyway while clicking his tongue the roof of his mouth.

"This uh, this is going to sound crazy. But please, Marcel I just need you to bare with me." His eyes were widened and as he continued to fumble over the words from left and right.

Marcel had never seen him like this, he'd known him for just over twenty years and just that alone enticed him even more as to what the vampire had to say.

Jax was never the type to display any sort of emotion, he was fine being seen as this cold hearted dick. He could care less about what people had to think about him. He liked the mystery, no one knowing who he truly was, his weaknesses, and what dwelled under his hard exterior.