xi

The Mad Hatter'

                                              ☽

                                              ☽

DARKNESS SPREAD RAPIDLY throughout the Grey's manor. Cornelius, who could be found in her study looking just about content with her surroundings was simply writing in her book about god knows what.

Cora's teeth seethed against the glass of wine she swished in her hand before jumping to the sound of a sudden ring that came from her desk.

Without wasting another second, she kept the glass of wine in her hand and her other swiftly picking up the phone, putting an end the repetitive sound that erupted from it.

"Hello." She spoke into the phone waiting for a response before quickly getting annoyed of the seconds of silence that felt like decades waiting for the person on the other end of the line to reply.

Just before she grew impatient and slammed the phone back to its respective place, a voice on the other end of the line could be heard faintly, but enough for Coras body to falter.

"Mom?"

"..Alora, is that you?"

Alora was scared, it had been seven whole years since she had heard her mothers voice and just from that, Alora knew it was her mom. The agonizing rasp that scarred the back of her mothers throat was present to her and just from those four words spoken to her, she could tell the yelling hasn't resided after all these years, but if anything got worse.

Seconds passed before Alora had cleared her throat and spoke into the device she held with a unsteady hand.

"I know its been a while but i miss you mom. I'm in Mexico and...well i want to come home." She paused before completing the sentence with a desperate plea at the end.

Cornelius sucked in her breath ready to end the call unprepared for another door of problems in her life to open. She loved her daughter but Cora was walking symbol of siphoning power.

Although, she would deny at first she knows deep down her long for unconditional strength.

She was a madwomen, evil and craved power above family, but she was also a crafty thinker. Before ending the call, she was struck with a idea that could potentially harness the little boy back into her grasp.

"Of course i miss you too, your my daughter Alora i would do anything for you. I will see to it that you have a plane flight to Chicago immediately. Send me your exact location."

Without another word uttered from either side, Cornelius didn't waste another second ending up the phone with a smile.

She knew exactly what she was going to do to get him back.