xxii

Blood Ties'

IT HAD BEEN TWO DAYS since he was back home, and Noren found himself in his bedroom, lying awake simply staring at the ceiling above him. There was lots of commotion the night he was as he so called it, was kidnapped and brought back to the compound, but simply ignored the ruckus.

However, he hadn't left his room much since then, only for food as he had his own washroom. But other than that, the compound was relatively more quiet since other than the night he came back to the compound, until last night. There was pure ruckus. But chose to ignore it with headphones and his sketchbook.

As he sat on his bed, he couldn't help but think to himself the last time he saw Marcel, which  yesterday morning to inform him he would be out helping someone with something.

Vague, as usual. Noren thought to himself.

It was creeping up to the afternoon, a day after hearing from Marcel, and yet he hadn't seen or heard him once, which was odd for several reasons, but mainly being, Marcel is an early riser and usually comes to check on him.

Noren paused at the thought. But quickly dismissed it and continued to sketch.

However, as time passed, he was closer to going downstairs and getting food to ease the hole in his stomach, as well as to look for the big oaf of a vampire who didn't think to tell him he came back last night.

He didn't care about Jax at the moment, he was still petty about being kidnapped.

Suddenly, he was broken out of his empty thoughts with a soft, yet eager knock at his door. But before he could even get the chance to respond, it was already being opened by someone he was least expecting. Vincent.

"Hey kid." He started wearily, not forgetting to close the door before him.

His body language was nervous and Noren knew something was up by the way he was acting.

Noren leaned up quickly, positioning himself in a sitting position while pushing down his headphones, with his legs dangling off the bed.

"What is it?" He asked, softly. He could sense something serious was coming by the what Vincent's body language gave off.

The warlock didn't respond, but instead gestured to the empty space next to the boy asking if he could sit, in which Noren simply replied with a nod. Sitting down, Vincent rubbed his hands on his legs nervously before getting ready to speak but before he could, Noren beat him to it.

"Where is Marcel?" His eyes flickering to the door.

Vincent only looked down with a slight pang of guilt. How'd this kid manage to miss this much over night. The witch thought to himself as he dreaded the position he had currently found himself in, letting his hands drag up and down his face, but still proceeded to tell the boy the answer to his lingering question.