xxiii

Eternity of Lies'

THE ENTIRE EXCHANGE WAS awkward. The five year old boy barely said two words to the original vampire after having been explained to him that Marcel was gone and wouldn't be back for a while, same with Jax, and that he would be staying in the compound with the Mikaelson family, under their protection.

It was much more vague when they explained it to Noren, as per usual but Noren could sense Vincent and the well spoken man were being untruthful.

Although, Elijah could barely get two words out as he was too busy staring and inspecting every detail on the childs face intently the minute he came through the door.

As Vincent sat next to the boy and taking the role to explain everything, Elijahs hands fiddled in the pockets of his suit before hesitantly cutting off Vincent.

He eyed the boy carefully and the boy, the same as a way to ask if he could walk closer to him, let alone even speak to him.

Noren nodded slowly, watching carefully the two steps that the original took towards him, before getting on his knees to face the kid at eye level, in which Noren just stared blankly.

"May I?" Elijah asked softly, gesturing to his hand.

Noren didn't say anything, but in return nodded.

Elijah took that as his opportunity to raise his hands to the child head gently placing them on both sides before diving into his memories. He tried best to avoid the hidden and private parts, not trying to invade the boys privacy or unwarranted memories. In fact, he didn't want to see any of that. He wanted to see the very beginning. The moments that even Noren doesn't remember.

And there it was.

The beginning. Flashes of quick glimpses of his memories came by so sudden, Elijah felt like he almost missed it.

But he didnt.

From very first heart beat, to growing fetus in the womb. Although he couldn't tell who the mother was just yet, he could see he wasn't alone. Beside his tiny frail growing body was a twin.

Just as quickly as that memory came, another appeared. Except nothing was there, all he heard was the sound of chanting and chaos going on in the background. Witches, he thought. It was faint, but he recognized that voice anywhere. From what he could tell the yelling was Hayley and the chanting sounded all too familiar. He knew it Genevieve and once of the young harvest girls.

That memory didn't last long, once again, because just as fast as it appeared, the chanting of the witches and screams of his beloved, faded into the screams of much younger girl. No older than eighteen. And from what Elijah could tell, Noren was no longer in the presence of the twin that was once by his side. But no later, he found that finally once the screams of the young girl subsided, another came to play. And in the arms of the young girl held a younger and tinier frail body. Noren.