Beautiful Sinner: Part Ten

Chapter 10

10 petal nests

We began to walk into the woods, it was incredibly dark and the trees seemed to be dead. The grass belowme was dull and there seemed to be a faint eerie glow. Every step we took the grass would crunch like bones, the only flowers we saw was black roses and they as well seemed dead.

"Why is this place like this?" Olivia asked,

"It's because of the gods, this island is always like this," James explained.

"Let's not worry ourselves!" I said with a smile, once again trying to stay positive. The sky was pitch black and it only gave me more strength. Every so often the sky would shoot lightning but there wasn't a cloud in sight, the sky was just black.

The forest was extremely thick but eventually we made it out. Suddenly we were blown away by the sight! Blue sky's, sunny sun, and a field full of pink, red and white roses petals. Olivia ran a head and tripped into the petals, it was extremely deep. Olivia was lay down doing snow angles. James ran into the petals next to Olivia, I knew something was wrong but my legs were already running into the nests. It was amazing! It was so soft, ever felt a petal of a rose? Try it because they are so soft. I closed my eyes and began to sleep. But whilst I was asleep was special camouflaged leeches coming towards us. Everyone was to busy enjoying there rest they didn't notice it. It was like when you find a nice spot in your bed and you don't want to move from it. I opened my eyes and the sky was spinning round and round, the sun was just a blur. The leaches were on me! I turned my head and saw a dead body, it still had its skin, eyes open, and dusty and grey. I sat up and saw the leeches sucking my blood. There was so many that I wasn't seen. The leeches were weird as they were pink, white or red. I was going faint and Olivia was fast asleep in the flowers. The weight of the leeches and the lack of energy I had made it even harder to save them. I screamed loudly in pain and stood up slowly. The leeches fell off but I was still weak. I just about to managed to turn into my eagle. I looked around for Olivia and James. They were drowning in the petals which made it even harder to find them. I was feeling extremely faint and almost fell back into the petals! I flapped my hands even harder to get me higher. I noticed James and dived down to save him. I thought I was dead as all I saw was blackness. Suddenly I barged through the surface of the petals and into the clean air. James was unconscious and he needed to sleep in a less dangerous environment. I placed him on a grass hill and returned to the petals to rescue Olivia, I couldn't see her at all and I was beginning to fear the worst.

"Olivia!" I squawked, No reply. Because I was a eagle, I had magnified vision, however, it was still very difficult. I had to go to dramatic measures and check the petals by foot. I landed slowly trying not to be put under the spell of the petals. I regained my strength and began the search again. Meanwhile James was beginning to awake from his deep sleep. He noticed me looking for Olivia and began to worry.

"Freya!" He cried. I picked up a load of petals and chucked them out of the way and there I had a shock, under the petals was decomposing bodies. I gasped in disgust and pity. The bodies were almost a black colour and blood ran through there mouths. Luckily none of them were Olivia but I needed to find her before she was drained. I moved more and more petals and there she was... Her skin had become as white as snow and as cold as ice. Her eyes were opened and she wasn't blinking. I quickly transformed into my eagle just before I began to become tired. I flew away to the hill where James was. His eyes widened and I was crying. He felt her head and she was so cold. But when he listened to her chest he heard a heart beat.

"Quick look for any remaining leeches!" James ordered. I looked up her blue sleeves and found several leeches. I ripped them off hastily. Her heart beat became stronger an stronger but her face was still stone cold. Her skin looked like mine when I was a werewolf (once I changed I became more tanned). Suddenly she gasped for air and opened her eyes. She looked around with a scared face.