Chapter XII: Starless night

A/N: I forgot to mention that in previous chapter I hid a name for the next book.

*Elke's POV*

Histingelors gave me a message from my daughter... the String of Time Illusion was indeed missing and she along with Y/N went to Teyvat...

I was a bit worried about them... mainly about Fischl but Y/N was with her after all so he will look after her...

???:. "Your highness we're ready to go." One of my raven statuette servants spoke.

Elke: "Thank you..." Towers of Light are in danger... without the time illusion they are kind of useless... sure they emit light but they need outside light to work...

I got on top of my horse and rode to the nearest tower. Histingelors appeared next to me all of a sudden.

Histingelors: "Ms. Elke... the night ravens will support you in every way... Abyss Order shall not return to Immernachtreich or the hunts would start all over again."

Elke: "Thank you Histingelors... I will do my best to ensure the safety of everyone."

Histingelors: "As I expexted..."

He disappeared again as I went faster.

The sky was clear... the moon stuck in the midnight phase shining brightly... unfortunetaly it's darkness and that means Abyss Order can work on Sundark Temples but first they need to destroy the towers. Hopefully it's not too late to prevent them from doing that.

The way was quiet as I rode to my destination as fast as possible. When I arrived to the tower I saw some guards still alive.

Guard: "Elke von Verurteilung we got your message... we sent it to other towers. We will do everything to prevent them from destruction."

Elke: "Good... any Night Crawlers?"

Guard: "None."

Elke: "Very good-"

Guard: "Although... ehm... forgive me-"

Elke: "No continue... your words are more important right now than mine."

Guard: "Thank you... anyways we saw some weird activity just outside the tower. It was close too..."

Elke: "A spy?"

Guard: "Might be."

Elke: "Search the surroundings... we must find them before he gives information to.... him."

Guard: "Right!" He rushed away as I walked around the tower... when a portal appeared... one I knew too well.

Elke: "Rita... it's so good to see you."

Rita: "I heard Immernachtreich is in danger from your daughter and my son... so I'm here to help."

Elke: "They're fast."

Rita: Yes... now... the string is missing... the towers?"

Elke: "This one's standing at least."

Rita: "This one... you know well that juat one towers is not enough to provide enough light for Night Crawlers not to appear."

Elke: "I know... the guards from this tower are checking on it..."

Rita: "Good..."

Elke: "We have a problem with some spy around here... he was spotted nearby."

Rita: "I'll look into it... now there's another matter I wanted to discuss but it can wait... we need to deal with that spy first."

Elke: "You're right..."