Chapter XVII: Special silk

*Y/N's POV*

We arrived to Natlan city... a city full of small houses made out of hardened sand,  there was also a huge oasis in the center and across it a bridge made out of marble... or maybe it was just a reflection of the sun.

Fischl: "This is Natlan? I thought it would be a bit more... majestic."

Ghunler: "These are only the outskirts."

A few seemingly soldiers rushed towards us.

Soldier: "Master Ghunler, you are required at the Archive of Flames."

Ghunler: "Do you know what the matter is?"

Soldier: "No sir... the Great Shaman just required your assistence." Ghunler growled and mumbled

Ghunler: "[There goes my free time.]"

Soldier: "And who are these two?"

???: "They're from Immernachtreich... errr the other planet."

Soldier: "You're kidding right, Filiar?"

You: "They're not..." Filiar? That's his name? So strange

Filiar: "Just took them here..."

Ghunler: "These two are looking for the string from another world... you know which one."

Soldier: "Yes sir, I know."

Ghunler climbed off the camel as his feet made quite a loud noise... raising up the dust nearby.

Ghunler: "Lead them to it." He said as he dusted himself and rushed to wherever that Archive of Flames was.

I climbed off the camel too... so did Filiar but Fischl had a bit of trouble so I helped her down... right into my arms I mean.

Fischl: "Y/N... you don't have to carry me all the time you know?"

You: "I want to though." Her face got a bit red.

Filiar lead the camels to stables I guess as those soldiers followed him... all except one who waited for us.

You: "Lead the way."

Soldier: "Of course, follow me." We got on the way and for some reason left the city... that soldier took a dagger into his hand... I just in case prepared myself for a battle... but it didn't come, instead he cut through the air and... a portal appeared? "This is a sealed entrance, only those with daggers like these can access it, it's a shortcut to the palace.

You: "A palace?"

Soldier: "Yes... now come in."

Fischl: "Did you have to do it in this place or could you anywhere else?"

Soldier: "At this place, otherwise it wouldn't work or it would send me elsewhere."

We entered the sealed doors, the temperature decreasing immediately... to a more welcoming one..."

Soldier: "This is the Dining hall... from here we will continue until we arrive to a round staircase.." The dining room was huge... there was a massive table in the middle... even bigger than back at Verurteilung castle. There were two rows of huge chandeliers, 5 of them in each row and doors on each side of the room...  we even saw a maid dressed normally... not having those anti-overhear rags... that means we can actually put them off... on the other hand we only have underwear underneath...

The soldier lead us to the round staircase and told us to go downstairs... and so I did... with Fischl still in my hands.

We descended to the lowest level, the corridor was way too dark to see, but the soldier took something like a torch and with one simple hand movement lit it up.