Chapter XIV: Deadly Desert

*Fischl's POV"

Me and Y/N were walking through the maze as Oz lead us towards the way out...

Well... I was being carried on Y/N's back by none other than Y/N himself...

I clinged onto him tight... feeling a bit numb after what happened before we fell asleep...

Oz: "Why did you want me to not return Mein Fraulein..." I tinghtened the grip onto Y/N more...

Fischl: "N-Nothing you should be concerned about Oz! And shouldn't you not question me?"

Oz: "Forgive me I was just curious."

You: "Jeez why are you so mad Fischl.."

Fischl: "This takes forever!"

You: "Give it time... Are you feeling okay?" I looked at him puzzled..

Fischl: "Uhh... I do..."

Oz: "Just one more turn."

I dropped my hand onto Y/N's shoulder.

You: "[You seem... troubled...]"

Fischl: "[Well... I'm just... well... uhh...]"

You: "[Hey we'll talk when night falls okay?]"

Fischl: "Okay."

We took another turn and finally got out of the maze... we felt the extreme heat already. I was sweating all over so Y/N put me down... I undressed myself only into my underwear. Y/N did the same... then we both put those rags that waitress back in that restraurant gave us on...

You: "It... it actually cools down."

Fischl: "Wow I feel okay now... how are you unfazed by the heat Oz?"

Oz: "Because I'm night raven... I don't feel  temperature changes."

Fischl: "So lucky..." I picked mine and Y/N's clothes as I just carried them in my arms...

You: "Are you sure you can walk Fischl?"

I glared at him... but he was right... my legs were kinda still trembling.

Oz: "What did you do to Mein Fraulein?"

You: "What people do when they are together Oz..."

Oz: "Hmm... I'll let it slide."

Fischl: "Ugh... Y/N can you carry me again?"

You: "Of course... my princessin~" He took me into his arms and carried me... we walked on the burning surface...

It was a red sand that was making dust devils here and there... it even moved as it looked like a quicksand.

You: "This place is even worse than I imagined."

He made a step but it slipped as we slided down...

Fischl: "People actually live here? They are really strange."

Oz: "I wonder how the temperature changed so drastically... I mean back in Liyue which is not that far from here it was normal and now... look.."

You: "I thought you don't feel the temperature..."

Oz: "I don't... but that doesn't mean I don't see the changes."

You: "Right..."

Fischl: "Oz do you think you can have a look from the sky?"

Fischl: "Of course." He flew high to the sky circling in the air... he actually looked like some kind of vulture.

Oz: "Nothing but wasteland all around... and there's a sandstorm approaching...."