The Arrival

After a three and a half flight to New York, Ronnie was ready to start a new life. Getting off the plane she was greeted by a fairly tall man, standing at about 5'11. He wore a nice suit that told everyone he had a nice job. He had nice curly hair which made Ronnie want to touch it. She always liked Davina's long brown hair, so she would always touch it, at some instances she would just poke it.

"Hi, You must be Veronica," the man greeted, "My name is Harold Hogan but please only call me happy, and I work for Mr.Stark, the friend that your going to be staying with." Happy. That was an odd name. But she knew it was short for something. Even though she was usually shy, she was excited and this man seems like he's fun to be around.

"Hi Mr.Hogan, it's nice to meet you" She said with a small smile.

"Here let me grab your bags, and you can get situation in the back!" he kindly said. With a nod ronnie gave him her bags and then went into the car which door was open prior to her getting off the plane. When she got into the car across from her is a man she'd only seen on tv a couple of times. Tony.

"Your Mr.Stark." she state. He had his famous pair of shades on, which Ronnie found ridiculous since they were in a tinted limo.

"Yes I am, and you must be Veronica, Marcels little sister." He responded. Ronnie just nodded yes since she was a little nervous. She wanted to ask where would she'd be staying but refrained from. Though he must have sensed it since he responde began talking.

"You will be staying at the Avengers tower with me and the rest of the Avengers. I'm sure you know of us, well you do because we're awesome." he rambled a little. Of course she know who the Avengers were. Anyone who didn't must be living under grandma Esther's grave.

"The who?" the 12 year old asked sarcastically. With a small smirk placed on his lips he chuckled a little before saying, "I already like you, you will be great here." At that Veronica smiled.

This was the first time someone was kind to her outside her 4 family members. Although she was terrified that she would end up scaring people off she was excited to finally get the new start she deserved.

At that, Tony told Happy that they were ready to go, to which he happily drove off. While driving through the New York streets Tony couldn't help but watch Veronica as she was in awe of the loud city.

She had never got out much. She only has been to the Salvatore school and back to the compound. The Mikaelsons never let her have a life. The reasons why were unknown to her, but yet she didn't care anymore.

See the thing about Tony was, deep down he always wanted kids. He just thought that he would end up failing then just like his dad felt he did him. He was scared he wouldn't be able to keep them safe, so when Marcel called in this favor, he was hesitant. But the more Marcel told Tony about her the more he felt the need to protect her. He had yet to know everything about her, and the negative stories she didn't want to share.

After about a 20 minute car ride, they finally arrived at the Avengers compound, to which as usual there was paparazzi surrounding the building. Happy got out of the car first and rushed to clear a path before rushing to open the door. Tony got out first in order to shield Ronnie from all the flashing cameras. Tony outstretched his hand to her which she hesitantly took.

The paparazzi were asking crazy questions but she didn't get scared until some people in the back yelled hateful words towards Mr. Stark. Before she could react, they were already in the building. Tony looked at her with a strange face and before he could question it, the elevator dinged letting them know it was time to head up. The ride up was in a comfortable silence yet a weird one. Tony wanted to know more about her while Veronica was scared the rest of the Avengers wouldn't like her.

Finally at the designated floor, the silence was broken when they heard some shuffling and shushing coming from behind the closed elevator. When they opened they were greeted with a few people.

The first person she noticed had was a redhead female, who's hair came down to about shoulder length. With beautiful greenish eyes. She also noticed how nice her eyebrows were. plucked to perfecting.

Next she notices, a tall man, who stands up at about 6'1/6'2. With broad shoulders. He also had nice sandy blonde hair. Next to him was another redhead female, who gave her a nice warm smile. Something about her smile made Veronica wanna give her a hug, but didn't since she didn't even know her name. Next to her, was a very handsome African American man who also had broad shoulders and a warm smile.

"Whats all this," Tony asked referring to the tray full of snacks, that Ronnie didn't even notice until now.

"Well you did say you were getting a kid from a family friend, so we thought we try and make her feel welcome," The man with sandy blonde hair said before looking down at her with a nice smile. Just as he was about to introduce himself the Green eyed redhead spoke up.

"Hi sweetheart, my name is Natasha Romanoff, and these people behind me are, Steve," She introduced before pointing at steve, "wanda" pointing at the other redhead, "And Sam," while pointing at the chocolate skinned man.

I give them all a wave before saying, "My name is Veronica it's fantastic to meet you all. I'm sorry for intruding in your home." They all gave me a look that said don't worry about it. They all seemed very nice and from what i've seen so far this place is amazing.

"There are more of us, but they are out doing some very important work," Wanda began, "Come sit down you must have been outside all day. Tell us about yourself." Just by her saying that I knew, I had found people who would actually care for me.

* Ok there will be a time skip. Next chapter is Avengers introduction.*