The Opening

It took about seven months, for Veronica to open up to the Avengers. More specifically Nat and Tony. After her first day there, Natasha automatically was connected to Ronnie. Tony somewhat pushed her away because he was scared he would end up hurting her even more. But Ronnie being Ronnie basically forced him to be around him.

From sitting in his workshop asking him questions, to her sneaking upgrades into his robots, to pranking him. Tony could not escape her. The more she was around him, the more he didn't want to escape her. Instead of feeling like some random child he was taking in because of a friend, she felt like his child.

When Natasha sat her down and asked her to talk about herself, she was reading her. She saw how Ronnie looked surprise but covered it up. It wasn't very noticial but Nat did pick it up. Veronica wasn't used to people other than her Core 4 asking about her.

Nat also picked up that she steered away from anything family related and where she came from. During the duration of the talk she noticed how she would flinch a little at in given movement.  At that moment Nat knew she was going to protect her no matter what.

It took Five months for Veronica to tell someone about her powers. That caused Wanda to take her under her wing as well. Even though their magic weren't the same, Wanda's magic was more Chaos magic, while Veronicas was ancestral magic, Wanda still felt the need to help and teach her. While also being a shoulder to cry on.

Wanda learned about werewolves and vampires and witches through hydra. They wanted to make her one, but they never figured out how to. So they just gave her and her brother their own mutations.

For steve, he really didn't care what she was because he was used to this stuff. He met a Vampire during the war who he befriended. He just knew he wanted to keep her safe. Just like with Tony, she was always around, not that he didn't mind. She just wanted to be loved and cared for and that's what everyone did.

With Sam, she became his little sister. Just like everyone else, he wanted to protect her. They first started getting close when he and steve were going for a morning run and Ronnie wanted to tag along. She gave them puppy dog eyes to which they couldn't refused. Lets just say he doesn't like to bring up what happened that day. Steve loves to bring it up because Veronica out ran sam.

Though it had been seven months, Veronica still has yet to open up fully about the abused she had endured. She spoke a little bit about it with Natasha and wanda, Wanda having accidentally read her mind when she was having an anxiety attack in the middle of the night. Those were frequent which everyone in the team helped her deal with, mostly Tony because that's something he dealt with himself.  That did grew them a little closer.

Veronica was honestly terrified that if she spoke about everything she endured while living with her birth family, her new family wouldn't want her Or worse do the same. So she decided not to, until she was sure, this was the place for her. She has been sure for a while but she was scared. So she decided to be very vague about everything. The Avengers kind of got a hint at whatever she was hiding, but they didn't fully know. They never pressured him into talking about it, which she greatly appreciated.

One day Steve brought up having Veronica train at Shield with Natasha. She immediately tensed up and denied. She saw a glimpse of their training and she wasn't a fan of the physical touching. It brought up alot. Steve instantly interjected and told her she could do it whenever she was ready.

She appreciated that, she wanted to learn how to fight, and control the gifts she had been given. She was tired of being weak and not being able to defend herself. After that conversation the team tread very lightly around her when it came to stuff like that.

The Mikaelson Household

In those seven months that Veronica ran away the house has become very tense and divided. Freya spent most of her time trying to track down Ronnie. After five months she started to give up, She went from tracking her down everyday, to every week, to every other week, and then finally now, every month. Elijah became closed off, well even more than what he normal was.

Hayley didn't like that. She was used to having his attention and she now needed more of it since her daughter was gone. She was also searching. She was disappointed in herself, for letting her daughter feel like this. For putting her through that.

Rebekah stayed in her room. She was scared that the others would judge her since she judge a little girl. Hope spent most of her time at the Salvatore boarding school.  She was upset with her sister because when she ran away the familles attention went with it. She was used to getting spoiled and having everything be hers.

Of course she cared for her sisters well being but she felt like Ronnie ran away because she was jealous. Klaus spent his time painting. He was upset that he turned into Mikael. He went through his painting that he made for the last 12 years, shocked to find that he never painted Veronica, even in family portraits. He never painted his daughter.

Keelin did end up leaving Freya, which she was devastated by but she realize that she was not the person she wanted to start a family with. So she ended up taking Ronnie up on that schooling offer. Marcel decided he would take the potion but not right now. He wanted to wait until she turned 18 to take it.

Davina and Kol couldn't stand to be around the family so they decided to take Ronnies advice and leave. Kol was excited to have some magic so he spent a lot of his time practicing. They were both very excited to start a family but wanted to wait a little while. They didn't want to rush it.

While Davina, Kol, Keelin, and Marcel left the compound and the Mikaelsons lives, the rest still lived together. Even though they were all disappointed in each other, they didn't want to divide what little family they had. Today was a Friday which meant Hope would be coming back home to spend time with her family.

"Hey sweetheart how was school?" Hayley asked her daughter when she came home. She knew Hope was starting to feel a little neglected and she wanted to make sure she was feeling good.    

"It was good, though people are still asking where Veronica is," she began, "Lizzie and Josie are being even more mean to me," Lizzie, Josie, and Ronnie were good friends. They knew where she was at due to them communicating, Via Tony stark's AI.

Hayley didn't know what else to say, so she just gave her daughter a hug. She of coursed missed her daughter and hated how she and everyone else had treated her, but she hated how the family was now. She blamed Veronica for that. Deep down she knew it was wrong but being who she was she didn't care.

When they break apart from the hug Klaus and everyone else makes their way down stairs to greet their precious Hope. After they had done their formalities, Freya spoke up.

"I've tried so many spells, I went to other witches but I cannot find her. Whoever Is doing this spell has made it almost impossible to track her. It's like she never existed." With that they instantly deflated. They just wanted her to come back home. To give them a second chance.

Nobody knew what to say but in their heads they all did a silent vow to never give up. No matter how long it takes. They want their family whole again. But little did they know they will never get their chance.

Ok so there will be a big time jump. I'm thinking of writing two different books about this. This book will be about the mikaelsons basically, then the second book will be about the years she spent with the Avengers. Would yall get into that?