The Conversation

Did you all miss me? School is out, and I have no job anymore; for now. So I'll try to update more often. I've re-read my stories and have missed writing them, I even got mad when it stopped LMAOO, anyways, I'm back. Shout out to Taj!

The Mikaelsons were all sitting in their dining room, enjoying a meal together which they hadn't done in forever. Freya and Hope felt the magic from the astral projection crystal, that was sitting on a dresser behind them. The family looked at them and they shrugged their shoulders and Freya got up and placed a hand on it, accepting it The image came out a little blurred at first so she moved it to the table, taking her seat.

The image of the beautiful Veronica popped up, making them all gasp.

"Hello Mikealsons," she stated. It wasn't bitter, nor hateful, but kind and soft which they didn't expect. She had a tight-lipped smile on her face but didn't go past that. They all murmured a small hi, they were nervous. It was understandable since the last time they spoke it was anything but kind, brutal to be exact. Ronnie chuckled a little bit at their nervousness, it wasn't a cocky laugh, it was one of understanding.

She was always terrified as a child when they gave her an ounce of affection. It wasn't frequent, so any trepidation was understandable. She can be shouted at, then the next hour they ask her about her day before acting as if she never existed. In some ways, she's relieved that they felt the same way she did, but she didn't want to dwell on the bad; she wasn't here to wreak retribution.

"H-how are you," Freya asked, they all wanted to know but they didn't want to pry any further.

"I'm um good, recovering," Veronica answered, "but I could be great, which is why I'm here. Well not here "here", as in there, with you all, but via the magic of a weird crystal," she nervously rambled, they couldn't see but she was fidgeting with her fingers in her lap.

She looked confident from the top part of her body, which they could see. Her posture was good, her head held high, and though she was rambling, each word came out strong. Chuckling a little, she took a light breath before starting again, "Sorry, um, what I mean by 'I could be great' I just need to heal and move on. I can't be the person I'm destined to be, the woman I want to be, without closure."

This might turn out to be a bad idea, but no matter what's said, it will help her move on and grow. She hoped the chat would not turn sour, she had so much to gain from a simple chat and she didn't even know.

"If you don't mind me asking, what exactly can we give you?" Elijah politely asked. Chills went through her body as he spoke, she only ever heard him speak that way when it came to everyone but her. He was never sweet with her, practically ignored her, and that hurt worse than being yelled at.

Ronnie was a smart kid and all she wanted was to show that off to who she grew up idolizing, Elijah. She spent a lot of time in his library, before everything turned bad, hoping to one day share the things she has read with him, sharing theories, and gain the knowledge he spent over a thousand years protecting. However, when she met Tony and Bruce, she gained everything she wanted from her uncle.

Non the less, Ronnie continued, "answers I suppose, and I know we 'briefly' touched on the subjects I want to speak about but I want to re, um approach them. No hostility, No rudeness no matter how hard that may be. I just want to talk and then we can move on." The terms were reasonable and valid so there was no hesitation in accepting.

Before anything else could be said, the sound of the door slamming could be heard.

"What the hell are you doing Veronica," the familiar voice of James Barnes could be heard. Veronica's eyes went wide before she blinked a few times, shaking the look of being caught off her face. "Um, I will be back, give me like 5 minutes."