The Unbreakable

It had been a peaceful week and a half since everything that happened with the Mikaelsons. After the date, Veronica has been in good spirits, falling back into a normal rhythm.

She hasn't heard from the Mikaelsons nor have she reached out to them. She hopes they went back to their hell hole of a house, and left her to live in peace. But that wasn't the case.

After Veronica showed them multiple versions of their fears, they had been recovering on their own time. But for the last couple of days, they have been planning on ways to see Veronica and prove they changed.

Hopes hatred grew for her sister, after seeing how he family reacted after their nightmares, they hadn't spent much time with her. Even though they were healing mentally and physically, Hope still blamed her. Hope was the kind of person to blame everyone for issues but herself.

The family didn't have any good ideas on how to get in contact with Veronica without it ending badly on them. But the Mikaelsons were never people who gave up easily. They believed that Veronica wouldn't kill them. After all they were family, she may hurt them, but would she actually kill them? So that gave them motivation to keep trying.

Hope decided, on her own, to go back into Veronicas memories and find something that would get her to talk to them. She didn't see that as a violation of privacy given that they were twins, they were supposed to know each other's business. Not only that, but she wanted to find some blackmail on her, just to make her feel better about herself.

After an hour of strategizing, they came up with nothing. They pitched in ideas like just showing up at the tower again, or using power dampening cuffs or objects so they could just talk to her, but that was a little extreme. But it wasn't off the table. Now they were all going their separate ways for the rest of the day.

Hope decided she wanted to go out and get some food and clear her head. She remembered a little cafe they passed by on the way to the Avengers tower. Not bothering to tell her family, knowing they would want to come with, she snuck out, wanting some alone time.

Back at the tower, Veronica was in the shower after coming from the gym. Today she was gonna spend time with her sister, Wanda, going to one of their favorite spots. Growing up, Veronica always gravitated toward the women on the team.

Not only because it was a female instinct but because she was scared of men due to the brutal abuse her father placed on her. Over time that of course changed making her close with everyone, but Wanda was always there for her.

They consider each other sisters, having that close bond made it possible. They were only close in age with Wanda only being five years older so that was another factor. They shared basically everything with each other, relating in the most unimaginable ways.

It was crazy how similar they were sometimes. They were both twins, Wanda had bold red hair just like Veronica's biological sister, and Veronica was a brunette just like Pietro's hair was before he got his powers. The list went on for miles.

When Veronica got out the shower, she quickly got dressed. When she came out her bathroom she saw Wanda laying on her bed waiting. Hearing the door opened Wanda sat up and smiled brightly at her sister. While they both had their own lives, whenever they were apart they missed each other.

Veronica dramatically ran to her bed tackling her sister in a big hug, both of them falling into a fit of giggles. They had just seen each other not even two hours ago but they were dramatic. They chatted for a few minutes before they left to go to their place.

They walked and talked for a few minutes until they approached, Amber Cafe. They both remember very vividly how this became "their spot." Veronica had a panic attack one morning and she wouldn't let anyone near her so she ran out the tower. Wanda followed her and saw she was at a random coffee shop sitting in a isolated booth.

Wanda came and sat with her and they talked. For hours they talked about everything, just enjoying their time together. Veronica forgot all about her panic attack and remembered feeling during their whole talk, love. Sisterly love. So every morning they would go to this coffee shop and the rest was history. They didn't come by all the time due to schedule differences, but when they did, it was as if nothing changed.

They ordered their drinks and went to their favorite booth. Though the coffee shop has changed over the years, they were friends with the owner and he let them keep their booth in that very corner.

"So how are you and Viz," Veronica asked, smirking as Wanda blushed at the mention of his name. Veronica loved them together, they were an odd match but they made so much sense.

"We are fine, amazing even," Wanda said, she was smiling but her smile did falter for a brief second making Veronica tilt her head a little.

"What? Did he do something I'll kill him," she started, but then she made a confused face before saying, "Well not kill him but I'll um," she paused to think for a while. "I'll cancel all the wifi in the tower, I'll upload a virus to his software, or I'll-" she was cut of by Wanda put her hand on her mouth.

Laughing at Veronica, Wanda said, "No no Ronnie nothing like that, but I'll be sure to tell him that," Veronicas eyes widen before she started shaking her head. Vision and Veronica had a prank war going on a couple of months ago, not that Vision really understood so it was Wanda coaching him. Vision ended up winning when he created a virus on her phone, and also making it blow up. He even made Friday not work for a week whenever she was around.

"It's just, I always wanted a family, and I'm scared I would never be able to get that," Wanda told her. Veronica got up scooted over to Wanda's side pulling her into a hug. Wanda always wanted kids, to be able to show them her favorite sitcoms, to teach them about life. But she didn't know if she could carry kids after getting her powers and also she didn't know if Vision could even make babies.

"Have you and Vision talked about this," Veronica asked.

Nodding Wanda replied, "Yeah we did, we just don't know how to make it happen." Wanting to lighten Wanda's mood Veronica said, "Well, boy likes girl or synthezoid likes witch, witch likes synthezoid.... Sex," That caused Wanda to laugh and smack Veronica on the arm.

"Or when two people love each other so much and they feel the undefining need to-,"

"No. None of that," Wanda cut Veronica off before she got into a whole seminar about the process of baby making. Wanda was laughing letting Veronica know her mood was improved. Their moment was unfortunately cut off by the unwanted.

"So this is my replacement? You didn't even try did you," Hoped huffed.

(A little late I know but here is this wholesome chapter. Drama and more coming soon,)