E.1.

Damn this telecom industry! If Alexander Graham Bell was alive today, I would have sued him for disturbing and intruding into my personal space by inventing this phone. A person can't even die in peace.

He picked up the phone and looked at the number. It was the same unknown number. He quickly pressed on the answer button.

"Hello", he barked angrily.

<Beep beep beep beep>

"What the heck? Who the hell is this person who first gave a miss call and now a blank call?"

He angrily dials back the number and then turns on the speaker. He could hear the dial tone but the person on the other end doesn't answer.

His anger rises and he becomes more intrigued to know who disturbed his suicide attempt. He dials the number yet again. It rings for 3 times and finally the person on the other end receives it.

"Hello, if you didn't wanted to speak, why the hell did you call up in the first place and by chance if you called as well why can't you speak damnit? Stop playing idiotic pranks on people. Let me die in peace atleast. If you hadn't called, by this time I would have been having dinner with Mr. Yamraj (Hindu God of Death), you idiot.", He said furiously.

He stopped speaking as he heard a laughing sound of a girl on the other end. It wasn't a familiar one though but it was very sweet and mystical.

"Hello, who is it? May I resume my suicide if you aren't speaking", He asked as soon as the laughter faded away completely. There was a complete silence.

"Hello... Hello...", He spoke calmly as his anger was vanished completely after soaking in that soothing laughter and out of curiosity which had built up.

"Hello.. I..", She said and the next moment he couldn't hear anything.

"Hello.. Hello.. Are you there? Hello..", he spoke impatiently and looked at the screen which was black.

Arghhh... Damn.. damn.. damnit! This phone had to wear off now itself. Who was she? Her voice was just so divinely soothing. I want to talk to her now else I will not be at peace even after dieing..

He quickly runs to his car and gets into the driving seat. He searches for the charger but to his bad luck, it wasn't there. He punches the steering wheel out of frustration and places his hands on the steering wheel and rests his head on it for few minutes.

He gets up and looks at the ceiling of the car and folds his hands.

"Please accept my sincere apologies Mr. Yamraj, a slight changes in the plan. Will have to cancel our dinner meeting. Please have your dinner with your assistant, Mr. Chitragupt for now. Will join you for a mid-night tea. Okay? Please a little bit of adjustment for my sake. Thank you!"

He starts his car and drives downhill back into the world of shinning lights with full speed. A policeman stops him at the junction and knocks on the window pane. He lowers the glasses.

"Oh hero! Are you in a hurry to die? Can't you see the boards which states the speed limit. Come on, come out and pay the fine.", The policeman speaks by gesturing him with his fingers to come out of the car.

"You are right hawaldaar Saheb (Mr. Constable), I was in hurry to die. But due to some unforeseen situation I had to do some minute changes in my plan and postpone it a little further. I am in hurry please let me go now." He speaks in a flow.

"What are you even talking? Have you lost your mind? Whatever it is, for now show me your licence come on!", The constable ordered by pushing his hands inside the window.

He touches his pant pockets and finds his purse missing.

Oh hell. Looks like it's Mr. Yamraj's curse since I postponed the dinner plan with him. Where did I drop my purse? This constable who is glaring into my eyes, isn't going to spare me. What do I do?

"Aaa.. Hawaldaar Saheb, please let me go, I am in hurry. Here take this, this is Rolex watch worth INR 6.5 Million.", He says by unhooking the gold strap of the watch in his hand.

"Oye hero, do I look like a fool to you? You get such watches for INR 200 in Chor Bazaar. Come on show me your licence.", The constable speaks with full attitude.

He shook his head in disgrace. "Okay then, take this. Platinum Chain worth INR 100,000." He says by putting his hand back on the hook of the chain.

"Stop fooling me, idiot. That looks like a silver chain to me. If you want to give, then give me that gold ring in your finger.", The constable points out by moving his eyeballs.

He looks at the gold ring in his hand. "This one? (Constable nods) This was..."

<Laughter sound echoes in his ears.. Hello.. I...>

"Okay, fine. Take it. I wouldn't have given it if it were any other day before today.", He says, by pulling out the ring from his hand and placing it into his hand.

"Okay, move on and be careful, next time I will put you behind bars if you offer me that fake rolex and silver chain." Constable says by wearing the ring and looking at it greedily.

Who will meet you next time? Hmm.. may be if you come to do my dead body's witness testimony or investigation, then you might see. But that's also doubtful since you are a traffic hawaaldar and not crime investigation department constable. Hmm.. let's get home quickly to find a charger.

He drives into a big gate of a huge mansion where a security guard salutes him before opening the gate.

He parks his car right infront of the door to not waste any time further and runs inside the mansion. He picks up the charger and hurriedly plugs into the socket and the phone. He taps his feet restlessly to allow sometime to charge before pressing the power button.

There were 23 missed calls and all were from the same unknown number. An unknown smile formed on his lips.

Wow! She looks desperate herself to talk to me. Just like the way, I am.

______________________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

How are you liking it? Comment and leave your reviews. Additionally don't forget to tap on the 🌟 button to vote. ☺️😉